2017 3890SS internet connectivity

37driver

Hi folks. I'm at the fifth wheel which is in a RV resort. I have the installer coming in the morning to install cable internet and a WiFi router. When I got here this evening I started looking for the connections for the cable and ain't finding anything. Does anyone have advice on how to do this?

danemayer

In the Universal Docking Center (UDC) where your plumbing connections are located, you have 5 coax connectors. 4 of them are in a row at the top. Those are for satellite. On the right-side wall of the UDC you'll find a single coax connector by itself. That's the cable TV connection.

In your bedroom, maybe in the closet, there's a signal booster with some coax connections. When ON, the LED is illuminated. For cable TV it must be OFF. For antenna TV it must be ON. I don't know if it affects the internet signal, but I don't think it does.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Your best bet would probably have a separate cable run close by to where you want the cable modem to reside. I don't think they take kindly to splitters.

I had a cable internet connection for about 5 months at an rv park. We just ran it into the slide through the slide seal. I had planned to add an outlet on the exterior wall, but the park closed and our new location did not have cable service of any kind, so we dropped the service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37driver

Thanks for the replies. It turned out to be relatively simple. We ran the cable into the UDC and set the modem in there as well.

Garypowell

Probably OK but remember you have a hose in there and then too is the black tank flush connection.

You might want to bag that modem.