Cyclone 3600 Under Bed Storage

Have any of you looked at creating under bed storage in your Cyclone 3600? I have not looked yet, but I was curious what was underneath it and if it could be as simple as a couple of pneumatic lifts?

Have any of you looked at creating under bed storage in your Cyclone 3600? I have not looked yet, but I was curious what was underneath it and if it could be as simple as a couple of pneumatic lifts?

I have only had my 3600 for just over a month and was looking for an electrical problem when I removed the screws from the plywood under the mattress to find a ton more unused space behind the installed drawer. I think something could be made to utilize that space but you would need to be careful as to not mess with the area to the left of the bed where the slide out compresses.

I just replaced my mattress in my 3600. I have looked at the bed lift kits from http://www.hatchlift.com/bedlift-kits. I did not pull up the plywood part of the bed but I plan to due to getting a queen mattress and I can now trim the plywood to get extra walk around room. I also plan on fiddling with making the space more accessible for storage it's a ton of wasted space.

It's down on my list but will get to it. Will update the post when I do.

LBR

We don't have the 3600 model, but have a North/South King with the single drawer at the foot of bed. Ive pulled the plywood up and see the extra room you probably have.

Next year I'll be setting up our CY for full time boondocking and will probably use that area for a bank of batteries to free up useable compartment area at the same time.

Hogladyrider

We live fulltime in our 3600JS and at first I missed having the extra storage under the bed like we had in our Big Horn. Then when I realized that one side of the bed frame compresses when the slideout comes in I understood why we had no under the bed storage.

We use the single drawer to keep the bath towels in, works well since the bathroom is right there.

Being fulltimers, we need to be aware of our weight at all times so guess it is a blessing in disguise not have the extra under bed storage.

I do really enjoy the storage at the headboard, which is something the Big Horns do not have! Tradeoffs.

Susan