Ceiling fan

CoveredWagon

Has anyone ever installed a ceiling fan in the bedroom? Any ideas, thoughts or am I gonna be the first. Lol. I'm sure I'm not.

Tanks

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Uh Dave, if you have a front bedroom with low ceiling and the OEM vent fan, consider replacing it with a Heng Vortex multi-speed one. Less likely to get a French haircut from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

We have the fantastic fan in the bathroom, it ventilates but doesn't move air around the head of the bed. We're just looking for a little circulation.

And John we're short so no need to worry about haircuts. lol I got this WONDER thought after I tucked the unit away for the season, so I haven't gotten the ruler out yet.
Come on people let's not be so negative and put our genius to work .

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a decapitation in the making. :)

Peace
Dave

Oh id never turn it on while I was standing up last words spoken 😂

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, our living room ceiling fan is mounted in a recess box in the ceiling so it can clear the slides when they’re retracted. Just guestimating, I’d say it drops about 8” total from the point of mounting, not including the light under it (you could eliminate that). You would need to be sure the blades will clear the bed slide or remove them before retracting it. In our living room, it’s close.

CoveredWagon

Well, our living room ceiling fan is mounted in a recess box in the ceiling so it can clear the slides when they’re retracted. Just guestimating, I’d say it drops about 8” total from the point of mounting, not including the light under it (you could eliminate that). You would need to be sure the blades will clear the bed slide or remove them before retracting it. In our living room, it’s close.

I'd thought about that too, but assuming the slide is 3 feet deep that would leave just short of 5 ft leaving plenty of room for a 30 inch diameter fan. I guess my big concern is how to mount / anchor it. Obviously the ceiling material isn't sufficient.

BusManRG

We have the fantastic fan in the bathroom, it ventilates but doesn't move air around the head of the bed. We're just looking for a little circulation.

We also upgraded from the standard vent fan to the fantastic fan in the bath. With the fan on and the windows open on either side of the bed, we get a bit of breeze. And it definitely

pulls air from the window opposite the bathroom door!

Sandy

CoveredWagon

We also upgraded from the standard vent fan to the fantastic fan in the bath. With the fan on and the windows open on either side of the bed, we get a bit of breeze. And it definitely

pulls air from the window opposite the bathroom door!

Sandy

Good idea. Thanks Sandy I'll have to try that before I start spending more money

jimtoo

We use a small fan similar to this one to move the air. It sets on the counter or wherever and angled up, not directly at the bed, and it keeps the air moving. Keeps it very comfortable for us.

Jim M