My Tofklift Glowstep Stair Installation - My Error = Your Humor For The Day

Oregon_Camper

Ok...some of you know I made a huge error while installing my new Torklift Glowsteps, but you didn't know WHAT I actually did wrong.

Here is a link to our Blog on the install and direct link to the YouTube video, where you get to see first hand what I did. :(

Blog - https://www.rvwiththetanners.com/single-post/2017/10/19/New-Stairs-Bye-Bye-Bounce

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XVeSl3o5Rk

Laugh all you want...I have no issue with laughing at myself too.

BTW....Torklift was AMAZING to work with during this. They have rocketed to the top of my list of companies that go above and beyond with their level of customer support/service.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yep! Great company!! So I see you went with the 5 step, care to elaborate? We have the 4 step and think it works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Yep! Great company!! So I see you went with the 5 step, care to elaborate? We have the 4 step and think it works great!

We tried both the 4 and 5 step at the Pacific Region Rally, and to be 100% honest, I didn't care either way. Now, my "height challenged" wife (don't tell her I wrote that :) ) is 5'1" and she liked having 5 steps vs 4 steps.

The bonus is I can now stop on the 2nd step...open the door...without having to do that "lean back" move to get out of the way of the door.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We tried both the 4 and 5 step at the Pacific Region Rally, and to be 100% honest, I didn't care either way. Now, my "height challenged" wife (don't tell her I wrote that :) ) is 5'1" and she liked having 5 steps vs 4 steps.

The bonus is I can now stop on the 2nd step...open the door...without having to do that "lean back" move to get out of the way of the door.

Great! Thanks for clarifying. That is helpful info!

I too can stand on the bottom of a 4-step and open the door without the lean back.

Such a great upgrade, on par with Level-up and disc brakes as far as the difference it makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk