2018 Heartland Bighorn, fresh water tank filling up without valve switched to "tank"

RVJourney

This is my first question posted to this group and I've done some searching, but have not found the answer. The title pretty much sums it up. It just recently happened and has not repeated. The tank sensors showed full when a week earlier it was at 1/3. During that week, the valve was set to "city." A water leak bypassing the value? I do believe the sensor is correct because we have been using the tank via the 12V pump and it is now down to 2/3 full. Thanks
Randy

jimtoo

Hi RVJourney,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Sounds like your valve may be leaking and filling the tank for you. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with good info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi RVJourney,

When the fresh tank fills by itself, it's either a problem with the 4-way Anderson Valve, or a problem with the water pump. Our owner-written Fresh Tank Fills By Itself Guide will help you determine which is causing the problem. Once you know, if you'd like to fix it yourself, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They will probably send you the part needed to correct the problem. Or you can take it to your dealer. Either fix is pretty easy, so it might be preferable to do it yourself and avoid hauling the rig to the dealer and dropping it off.

RVJourney

Hi RVJourney,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Sounds like your valve may be leaking and filling the tank for you. I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with good info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Thanks Jim for the comment and yes, I have joined the Owners Club. Hopefully, we will make the spring rally.

RVJourney

Hi RVJourney,

When the fresh tank fills by itself, it's either a problem with the 4-way Anderson Valve, or a problem with the water pump. Our owner-written Fresh Tank Fills By Itself Guide will help you determine which is causing the problem. Once you know, if you'd like to fix it yourself, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They will probably send you the part needed to correct the problem. Or you can take it to your dealer. Either fix is pretty easy, so it might be preferable to do it yourself and avoid hauling the rig to the dealer and dropping it off.

Thanks for the great response and link. Yes, it is usually much easier to just fix it rather than a month away appt and then haul it in.
Cheers! Randy