Cyclone at the RV Show - Houston

kuldaddy

Anyone know if Heartland will have any of the Cyclone models at the RV Show in Houston Feb. 8-12? I know the Southwest RV is the local dealer, however, they do not have any yet. I want to touch and checkout the specs before I make a decision on Toy Haulers.

Thanks.

CrazyTed

I posted the same type of question in the Prospective Owner's Forum in Oct about an RV show in Jan but received no responses.... Good Luck...

Scott

Shows

Sorry guys, but I've been out at shows myself and have a tough time answering all of the emails and posts.
I do not know all of the division's show schedules - but - You can always call Heartland at 574.262.5992 (Landmark and Cyclone Division) or 574.266.8726 (Bighorn and Sundance Division) or 574.522.1222 (Trail Runner Division) - to talk to a real life sales person who can answer your questions in real time.

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you.

ST

Cheryl

We went to the Pittsburgh RV show on Saturday. One of the Dealers had a couple of Sundances there. In my totally unbiased opinion, the Sundance seemed to have a better quality, more comfort and more luxuriousness(?) than a lot of the higher priced units. Most of the other models felt like you were in a box. The seemed to have inferior cabinets and trim and the furniture - you might as well have been sitting on a park bench. We went in a $300,000 Class A that was beautiful (absolutely gorgeous) to look at but not at all comfortable to sit in. All in all, we were pretty much disappointed with what we saw. Made us appreciate our Landmark (warts and all) even more! Keep up the good work Heartland!

kuldaddy

Thanks everyone, I found a Cyclone in Georgetown, TX (2hrs from here) and will take the wife and kids to visit this weekend.

kuldaddy

Well, we did it!! We saw the Cyclone in Georgetown and bought it!! I don't even have the truck to tow it yet!! Beautiful unit!

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
Fireflipper

Congrats Culdaddy, and welcome to the Heartland family. Let us know when you get a tow rig and take your first trip. We also want to know all the details about problems and such. Simply because we care and we have probably been there and can help.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Although I don't know for sure, but the dealer in Houston-Camperland-does not go to the local shows. I called them last year, shortly after they took on the Heartland line of products and was told that they do not go to the shows.

As you may be able to tell, I don't have too many good things to say about this dealer. They post prices inside the trailers but then won't stand behind them, and don't seem at all interested in making any kind of discounted deals. If I do decide to purchase a Heartland product, it probably won't be from Camperland.

kuldaddy

Hey Jay, I have no experience with CamperLand (AKA Southwest RV) as they had only been only been open a few weeks in Houston and did not have the Cyclone yet. We bought ours in Georgetown at ExploreUSA. ExploreUSA also carry other lines of Heartland trailers and they have (I think) 9 locations in TX (nothing in Houston though).

jayc

Kuldaddy

Just FYI, Camperland and Southwest RV are two different companies. Camperland is located in Conroe and is a small, family-owned company. Southwest RV is associated with Camping World in their new Katy store.

kuldaddy

Thanks - you're right - had my notes crossed... we had actually called Camperland the week before we went to Georgetown and they indicated that the ONLY toyhaulers they sold were the ones by Forest River, never mentioned Heartland. Quite truthfully, they didn't seem too interested in giving us any info over the phone; they just wanted us to "come by"... Obviously, we didn't! The guys in Georgetown were VERY helpful over the phone... did everything they could to answer any and all questions before we went out to see the unit. And then after we told them that we would be driving over 2 hours to get there, they even did more to help us - they went out to the unit and took a variety of photos and email us so we would know exactly what were going to see. Hopefully the experience continues to be a good one!!!
:)

jayc

As I said previously, I don't have much good to say about Camperland. One of the times that I went to look there, the salesman had to accompany us to the lot to unlock the trailers on display on their enclosed lot. Then when we finished looking, he locked the trailers again, even though there were other customers on the lot that might have wanted to look inside. When I tried to go back to look again with the salesman, I discovered that they were locked up. Being a retired Police Detective, I certainly understand security, but also having worked in a retail store in the past, I also understand display and marketing.

Sorry to rant, but I was very impressed with Heartland from the very beginning, but their dealer in Houston has soured me on the line. Hopefully someone from the factory will read this and do something about it.

Scott

Cyclones and such

Today, as I was traveling for lunch with our Cyclone sales rep. - he must have fielded six calls in a twenty minute span. All from dealers who had the same problem... they didn't have any Cyclones on their sales lots because they keep selling everything they get before they can build up any kind of inventory. One dealership in Texas has sold all six Cyclones they have received since the begining of January and others have sold them even faster!

One call he got over lunch was from a dealer down south who got his first Cyclone yesterday at 2:00 p.m. and it left with a customer by 6:00 p.m. I asked him if the customer knew it was coming and was waiting for it - and he said, "No, the guy had seen on the web site that they were a Cyclone dealer and was just visiting to check one out in person." I guess he liked what he saw.
The last few weeks have been filled with similar stories of Cyclones hitting the sales lot and not lasting the day before they are gone.
We must be doing something right with these things.

ST

CrazyTed

From everything I've seen and read, I'll get a Cyclone when I buy my next ToyHauler. Do you know if any have made it to the east coast yet? Just curious as most dealers around here have no clue what I'm talking about. Most people travel to Danville and Martinsville, VA to get the great deals on ToyHaulers especially at Econo RV in Martinsville, VA. Thanks for making a product that us gearheads needed.