Icemaker Water Valve Location in BH 3055RL

Marbill

Can you tell me where to find the valve that needs opened in order to get water to my icemaker. I have a recently purchased Bighorn 3055RL with the 10.3 cu ft refrig. Thanks,

rjr6150

On our 3400RL look below the refer there is a drop down drawer and behind that there is a wood panel to give a finished look. Looking to the right your should see both the cold and hot water lines coming from the UDC. The valve will be behind the wood panel its a sob to get at though

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Marbill, As Randy said, there is a removable panel in your basement. It is a part of the wall in the storage compartment behind the docking center. There are at least 4 but maybe 6 screws you need to remove for access. Look for a 1/4" polyethylene tube and there will be a black/brass valve you have to turn 1/4 to open. You may want to bleed the air from this line at the connection behind your fridge. This will get you ice a little sooner.

BobSue

Marbill,
We also have the 3055RL. The valve is definitely behind the removable panels in the basement.

First remove the panel closest to the UDC. There are 3 screws that go through the UDC (from the outside) and into the panel. There are 3 screws on the DS of the panel. With these 6 screws out, you can remove the panel and stick your head/shoulders in there.

My ice maker valve was just below the floor (roof as you are in basement) and right behind the UDC enclosure.

A real b***h:eek: to get to. But as Ray said , there is a 1/4 turn valve and the clear tubing.

Good luck.

PS while in there, you ought to check all the other water connections. I found my fresh water tank vent lying on the floor disconnected. Fortunately, not a big deal, but it could have been something else.;)