3600rl / 3670rl

whets

Greetings all,

I need a little help. I work out of state for 3 weeks of the month and I'm tired of throwing my money away on rent. Decided an RV would be the way to go, so i started doing my research.

I have looked at many brands and models, but i keep coming back to the BH. here in lies my problem. i have toured the 3600RL and really like the feel of it, seems very roomy. no dealers near me have a 3670RL on the lot to tour.

I'm hoping for a little input on your take of both model's.

is the living room area, really that much smaller on the 3670 compared to the 3600?

is the kitchen really that much bigger in the 3670?

these are the kind of questions that keep bouncing around I'm my head.

any pro's and con's you can give me will be appreciated.

PS> just wanted to add, just reading the forums, i am impressed with the quality of people in the Heartland family, very helpful group of folks.

regards
Dan

Last edited:

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
Dan, I'm really not familiar with the 3600 but we chose the 3670 because of the kitchen and the layout of the living room.
For me and DW the living area is plenty big enough. The kitchen has lot of storage and cabinet space in the 3670 and that's what we wanted.
I think you would be satisfied with either one, it's just what you want in the layout.
Good luck on making your choice.

Bill

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Dan, we don't have either model but have looked closely at both. Lin & I both feel "Closed in" in the bedroom of the 3670 because of the enclosed bath having a full wall along side the bed. We like the openness and room of the 3600RL both in the living area and bedroom. Plenty of kitchen space too. We bought the 3400RL at the time because we were limited by our previous truck capacity. Now we have a bigger truck but have our 3400 paid for and tweaked the way we like it. You might also look at the 3580. It is my current favorite floorplan. Good luck with your decision. We too think Heartland is a great choice.

sjrellis

We have the 3670 and love it. It sorta does have a closed-in feeling in the bedroom, but we are just in there to sleep. We like the bathroom as a whole room. We travel with dh's job and he gets up before the chickens, so having a closed in bathroom was important to us (me!). As for the living area. We have plenty of room. We took our table and chairs home (only used the table to put crap on top of) and now use tv trays. Someone recently told me they knew someone who took out their table and chairs and put a small freezer in their place. The kitchen if wonderful. I am amazed at the amount of cabinet space. We chose the 12cf fridge so we would still have a pantry. Also, we like having the desk in the lr.

whets

thanks for all the responses so far, this is the kind of stuff i was hoping for. i didnt even think about the bedroom and the bath! i really need to look for one to tour.

thanks again all

HOSS

We have the 3670rl and love everything about it. Having the bathroom closed off from the bed room was what sold us on the 3670. We have tons of storage all over the BH. It works for us. You will just have to look at both floor plans and decide what fits you best.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We have the 3670. The kitchen, extra counter space and enclosed bath were the main selling points for us. The bedroom does feel a little small, but it is worth it to us to not have a separate toilet closet since those always feel really small and uncomfortable to us. The livingroom is just the right size for two of us and having as many as 10 in the trailer at once was not a real problem. That doesn't happen very often for us though, so even if we do get a little cramped with company, its no big deal.

We own the 3670 RL and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. We full time in it and it can accommodate anything you might need. My husband uses the office all the time and the kitchen can be used by the most gourmet cook. We had a w/d unit put in so it fits all our needs. And oh, by the way..... I am not partial at all. HAHAHA

boatdoc

I'll mirror what others have said about the 3670. The kitchen and bath are what we like the most. I never got along to well with the small toilet rooms. We also feel the living room is fine for us and we have had six adults visiting and didn't feel smushed up or confined. What can you say about the kitchen, WOW!!!!

whets

Thanks again all. found a place that just got a 3670 in, so off i go tomarrow. you all are great, gave me alot to think about and compare!

thanks
Dan

Shadowchek

This may be a little late but what The way I see it is in the 3670 you get the enclosed bathroom making for a nice bathroom at the cost of feeling more inclosed in the bedroom. Also If you get a washer and drier it is a more convinient spot in the 3600 but you lose the linen closet. In the kitchen, They are both very nice kitchens the 3670 kitchen is amazing and has lots of counter space although the 3600 counter space isn't anything to laugh at. Living room/entertainment area, in the 3600 you get a larger desk area and more floor space than the 3670 due to the large kitchen taking up space. The living room space in the 3600 is amazing although the space in the 3670 is defiately more than adequate. At first we felt we had to have a closed in bathroom but as we spent more time looking it just wasn't worth the feeling in the bedroom. We purchased a 3400rl to get most of the benefits of the 3600rl and keep the weight and length down. The bedroom and living room are the same as the 3600rl and we love em. The kitchen counter space doesn't seem to be a problem and the 3600rl has a lot more than what we have. I love the kitchen in the 3670 and that would be hard to pass up. You just can't have it all but you can have most of it. A lot of help I am comming in late a just confusing the issue. Either way you will love it good luck.

Greg

whets

never too late, thanks greg. alot of good points to consider. thinking about getting the queen bed, might open up the bedroom abit.

thanks again
Dan