New Road Warrior 427b owners

danemayer

Hi david-steph2018,

Congratulations on your new Road Warrior and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Feel free to ask any questions and share your adventures here. And be sure to check out the Owners Club and click on the EVENTS tab at top of page to see upcoming rallies near you.

JMP

Welcome David and Steph. Looking forward to future collaboration. Hope you like your 427. We like ours.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Welcome to the form Dave-Steph2018 and congratulations on your new awesome Road Warrior.

jbeletti

Hey Dave - great speaking with you tonight. Let us know here how you come out on your Level Up issue.

david-steph2018

Hey Dave - great speaking with you tonight. Let us know here how you come out on your Level Up issue.

Figured it out. But what was really a big heart ache is on the way home, from the first weekend in the new Road Warrior, we hit a low overhead wire and ripped off the TV antenna. Had to get a new one today and replaced it but it was about $164.00.
Got it installed about 3 hours before it started to rain.

david-steph2018

Alright I have a question for everyone:
How hard is it to change the brakes from the factory drum to electric-hydraulic brakes?
Also what would the cost be and the best brand to go with in this issue?
I am just thinking it would be better stopping power and cut the stopping distance down.

jimtoo

How hard is it to change the brakes from the factory drum to electric-hydraulic brakes?
I am just thinking it would be better stopping power and cut the stopping distance down.

A lot of folks have converted to disc brakes and I am one of them. Most of us use Performance Trailer Braking. Most likely they will come to you or meet you someplace to do the install.
Phone: 405-626-7009
Email: info@performancetrailerbraking.com

Jim M

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

Dave,
A lot of people go to Moryde to get their disc brake conversion. Also might consider their IS suspension system while you are at it. If I was going to do a lot of travelling I would get both.

Good luck,
Mark