ATF: MPG - Heater Not Working

484Dan

I purchased a MPG 3100BH in March of 2017. First time using the heat and the inducer fan comes on, blower comes on, then everything shuts off after 10-20 seconds and goes into lock out. Contacted the dealer I purchased from (2hrs away) and they want to charge me a $200 service fee to come out and diagnose a warranty problem. The option for me to tow it to them is available but I do not feel as though I should incur this cost. With that being said, I am an HVAC tech by trade and would be willing to fix myself- however, there is next to no access to get to the heater. Any suggestions on a troubleshooting process?
Regards- Dan

danemayer

I purchased a MPG 3100BH in March of 2017. First time using the heat and the inducer fan comes on, blower comes on, then everything shuts off after 10-20 seconds and goes into lock out. Contacted the dealer I purchased from (2hrs away) and they want to charge me a $200 service fee to come out and diagnose a warranty problem. The option for me to tow it to them is available but I do not feel as though I should incur this cost. With that being said, I am an HVAC tech by trade and would be willing to fix myself- however, there is next to no access to get to the heater. Any suggestions on a troubleshooting process?
Regards- Dan

Hi 484Dan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

The first thing to check is propane supply. Close the tank valve, wait 10 seconds, and re-open it verrrrrrrrry slowly. There's an overflow protection device that shuts of supply if you open the valve too quickly.

If that doesn't help, we have a Furnace Troubleshooting Guide in this folder.

Btw, if you take a look at the warranty statement in your trailer manual, you'll find that in order to get warranty problems fixed, you are required to take the trailer to an authorized dealer. If you want the dealer to come to you, the travel charge is not included in the warranty. However, if there's a closer service location, even if not a Heartland dealer, with prior approval, you can use them. Or with prior approval, you could get a local mobile repair person to come to you. They generally charge 1 hour labor for their travel time, which would be your expense as an alternative to hitching up and towing your trailer.