2018 Heartland Roadwarrior 427 water pump issue

tjwoll05

My wife and I are off the grid, have a full fresh water tank, switch is set to “normal” use and the pump just continues to run with no water. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi tjwoll05,

You're either out of water, despite thinking the tank is full, or you have an air leak on the suction side of the pump, or the pump isn't working.

Try covering the water inlet with something. If the 4-way Anderson Valve is leaking air through the water inlet, covering the inlet might allow the pump to work.

If that doesn't help, you'll have to take down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage to get to the pump. Make sure the connections are hand tight and check the clear plastic bowl on the suction side to make sure it's not cracked.

tjwoll05

I can hear the pump turning on, the tank is full, (just filled it), I tried covering the water inlet with no luck either. I think this one will need to get fixed when we get home. Bummer.

tjwoll05

Hi tjwoll05,

You're either out of water, despite thinking the tank is full, or you have an air leak on the suction side of the pump, or the pump isn't working.

Try covering the water inlet with something. If the 4-way Anderson Valve is leaking air through the water inlet, covering the inlet might allow the pump to work.

If that doesn't help, you'll have to take down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage to get to the pump. Make sure the connections are hand tight and check the clear plastic bowl on the suction side to make sure it's not cracked.

Well I took down the rear door and double checked the connections and suction. It didn’t work. I did get it to work by accident though. While the hose was connected I turned the Anderson valve to the winterization mode and turned the pump on for a second. I heard water going through the hoses. I did this for maybe 5-10 seconds. Then turned the valve to “normal” use with the hose unhooked and the pump worked like it was supposed to.

danemayer

Well I took down the rear door and double checked the connections and suction. It didn’t work. I did get it to work by accident though. While the hose was connected I turned the Anderson valve to the winterization mode and turned the pump on for a second. I heard water going through the hoses. I did this for maybe 5-10 seconds. Then turned the valve to “normal” use with the hose unhooked and the pump worked like it was supposed to.

Sounds like a problem with the 4-way Anderson Valve. If it comes back, get a new cartridge or a complete new valve assembly. Either one is easy to install.