Fluid Level Control Panel

wercode4

How do you read it. Left the dealer with full tank of water and arrived home to water leaking out. Checked the water level again still showed full. My water pump ran continuously, againt he sensor showed full water. I then added more water thinking the tank had somehow emptied. I ended up adding alot of water and found the tank had somehoe emptied in transit over 70 mile trip.

I see in other posts that the tank will empty because of the vents. However I am more concerned with the reason the panel is always showing full. I am probably not reading it correctly and the rig is parked slightly slanted toward the rear. Could it be that the sensors for the panel are located in the rear for the fresh water tank?.

I asked the dealer i purchased it from and they had no answer for me. The Cyclone i purchased was the first one they had seen, so this was new to them also.:confused:

Scott

Tank Sensors

To get all of the answers to whether or not your monitor system is working correctly, you are going to go through a filling and emptying of the fresh water tank.
First, empty the tank completely and then see what the monitor panel reads. If it shows empty, then we are starting right. (Note: sometimes the sensors will have condensation on them and will possibly read at the lowest setting on the monitor (1/3?)
IF it reads full (after you know you have emptied it) then we have a problem with the monitor system and need to get it back to the dealer.
If when empty, it reads empty (or possibly a 1/3 - see note above), the next step is to begin filling it - while watching the monitor. Does the monitor begin to change as the tank begins to fill? (in other words, can you see the levels on the monitor rising as the tank is filling?).
If yes, then again, this is a good sign as the monitor panel system would seem to be operating correctly. Assuming the monitor panel system is working correctly, as you approach the "full" mark, be ready to shut off the flow of water into your tank. From the outside of the coach, when you see the water begin to come out of the overflow tubes, then be sure to shut the water off immediately. If you don't and it runs for long enough - going through the overflow tubes - you may create a cyphon effect which will then empty water out of your tank until the pressure equalizes.
Now - go backwards through the same process - begin to empty the tank and watch to see if the monitor panel begins to go down in it's readings of the tank level.
IF all of these steps work out and the monitor panel seems to be reading correctly - then the loss of water during travel must be the result of attempting to carry too much water and you are loosing it through the overflow vents as it sloshes around in the tank.
Let me know what you find out.

ST

BluegrassMan

Losing Water

Hi All:
Scott is right about water sloshing. But, beyond that is the physics side of the equation. As the water sloshes and spolls out the vents or overflow tubes, it is like siphoning gas out of a tank. With enough suction (or sloshing) it will eventually create a pull then gravity takes over draining the tank until you stop the action or run out of H2o.

I had this same problem on our 98' Seabreeze. I got vinyl caps off of some parts at my work. They fit perfect. When I would stop for the nite or get to my destination, I would lay under the trailer pop one of them off for air to come in as the water is pumped. It has to vent to work.

You can find this in some old posts when we were discussing it before.;)

wercode4

Tank sensors

Well, I finally had a chance to check all of the tanks and the panel readings. I spent 6 days camping and playing with the system. I found that the panel is not reading correctly on all tanks. I drained the fresh water tank and was on a level surface, still it showed full. I filled the fresh water tank until water had just begun to come out of the vent again it showed full. I then drained it again, still showed full.

I then proceeded to check the the other tanks. We used each for several days and they still showed empty. After a single (short) shower the panel showed the tank was full. I monitored it often and it never showed 1/4-3/4, just empty to full.

I had spoken to a friend who owns a 5er from another manufacturer, who was had the same issue. His problem was corosion on a terminal block some where in between the tanks and the panel. He said that it was an easy fix.

I will be contacting the dealer shortly to have this and other very small repairs made.

Other than the above items the rig works great and i am very happy with the product.

Thanks Scott for the help.