Cyclone 3110 Living Room Slide is now cooler during summer!

jeffdee

When we would go camping during summer months the 2 AC’s would struggle cooling the interior with the slides out. I noticed the inside of slide roofs were very warm to the touch. So I had slide toppers installed. Instant improvement in interior cooling! Also I had an awning installed over the large window. This really helped with cooling the living and you have an added benefit of being able to open the center window during a rain. The investment in these items are well worth it. I bought the Carefree products to match the awnings that came with the RV.

Attachments

• 3051F9C7-446C-44C1-84E7-0DD11A243169.jpg
    3051F9C7-446C-44C1-84E7-0DD11A243169.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 148

Tundra2084

We did the same thing as the poster did by adding not only slide toppers, but also added window awnings as well to the slide windows as well as the window next to the slide. It was amazing to feel such a difference in the temperature while sitting in the slide with the window awning extended. Those who spend time in the sun know how hot the glass gets when the sun beats down on it. With the window shaded it was at the very least 10 degrees cooler in the slide. Just saying that now we would not go without them on any coach we own. Great investment when trying to keep the heat out.