water pump

4ever

Have 2014 Landmark. No issues until I just tried to use water system since I winterized. When winterizing I blew out the lines instead of using RV antifreeze. Fresh water system works fine on city water. When I use the pump I do get go pressure. When I turn off a faucet the pump seems to take longer to shutoff then it has in the past. Kind of vibrates slowly till it stops. Then within in about 30 seconds it will run again for a few seconds and shutoff. Keeps doing this. I have taken the panels off in the basement and do not see any water leaks. Also checked the filter on the pump and it is clean.

An thoughts there?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Oregon_Camper

Sorry...have to ask.

Is there enough water in the fresh tank?

Did you remember to turn 4-way valve to "tank"?

Any chance the outside hose/shower head has a valve open from when you winterized?

danemayer

Winterizing with compressed air usually misses the water pump, so you may have damage to the pump itself, or to the fittings. I would inspect the plastic bowl on the suction side, along with the fittings that attach to the pump to make sure there are no cracks.

If you can't find any cracks or other air leaks, disconnect the suction side fitting and run the pump. Try covering the inlet with your hand to see if it's developing any suction.

4ever

Tank is at least 3/4 full and we had no below freezing temperatures from when I winterized till today.

As mentioned when have the 4 way valve on NORMAL and turn on the pump I DO get water from all faucets, etc. The problem s after i turn a faucet off the pump is very slow to shut off and then comes back on with in 30 seconds or so. don't see any leaks.

danemayer

Tank is at least 3/4 full and we had no below freezing temperatures from when I winterized till today.

As mentioned when have the 4 way valve on NORMAL and turn on the pump I DO get water from all faucets, etc. The problem s after i turn a faucet off the pump is very slow to shut off and then comes back on with in 30 seconds or so. don't see any leaks.

You might have backward flow of water through the pump's internal check valve. In this case, the pump tries to pressurize the water lines, but as soon as it shuts off, water begins slowly leaking back toward the fresh tank. The pressure falls and the pump restarts.

Adding a Sharkbite press-on check valve on the suction side of the pump would eliminate back flow.

If you still have a problem after adding a check valve, you may have either a defective pressure switch in the pump, or a leak downstream from the pump.

Sorry...have to ask.

Is there enough water in the fresh tank?

Did you remember to turn 4-way valve to "tank"?

Any chance the outside hose/shower head has a valve open from when you winterized?

So I'm reading through posts on my "no water from pump issue".

I picked up our Elkridge from our dealership from being dewinterized. We go to shove off on a boondocking outing and no water. Tank is full. Pump constantly runs when turned on. Our upstanding
dealership says it can't get it in until April now.

Rather than dealing with them I thought I would locate the pump and check it out. But seeing the 4-way valve to tank comment above makes me think this was just overlooked by a tech.

How does this 4-way valve work and where may it be located?

Doug

danemayer

So I'm reading through posts on my "no water from pump issue".

I picked up our Elkridge from our dealership from being dewinterized. We go to shove off on a boondocking outing and no water. Tank is full. Pump constantly runs when turned on. Our upstanding
dealership says it can't get it in until April now.

Rather than dealing with them I thought I would locate the pump and check it out. But seeing the 4-way valve to tank comment above makes me think this was just overlooked by a tech.

How does this 4-way valve work and where may it be located?

Doug
Take a look at pages 7-9 of our owner-written Water Systems Guide. It shows the 2 types of water fills. I'd guess you have the gravity fill, not the 4-way valve. If you do have the 4-way, the guide has instructions on how to use it.

If your dealer de-winterized the trailer, and the pump isn't pumping water now, they may have left the antifreeze suction valve open. The antifreeze suction hose is probably tucked away near your water pump. Location can vary by model/floor plan. If you can't locate it, perhaps a call to the dealer can get you the location. Or maybe another Elkridge owner will see this post and chime in.

sengli

The first couple of years we had our rig, we had really cold winters with prolonged temps in the 0 to teens area. Our rig sits outside, under a car port and its cold out there. I did a little experiment one season with the -50 rated RV antifreeze. It will freeze solid if cold enough. I lost two water pumps those cold winters too. They worked fine when put away, and when spring came they would sputter and run with hardly any water PSI. Now I use anti freeze to winterize, but also blow out the lines afterwards. So far so good.

Attachments

• 15dgress.jpg
    15dgress.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 22

dbbls59

Sometimes its hard to get the pump to prime. Try opening all the faucets then turn on the pump. Let it run until all faucets are flowing freely. You have to get all the air out of the system. Hope this works for you.