Winterizing the washer

beardedone

Beardedone
We have the Landmark Augusta with the washer / dryer option. I cannot find any info on winterizing it and I am looking for ideas. Some questions I have include how to remove any water in the washer itself? When adding anti freeze for the winter do you run it into the washer and leave it? Is there a drain on the washer? Any other ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance. Winter is coming!:D

fjspinelli

Common Sense Jake
I am a bit south of you, but have the same concerns regarding how to deal with the washer/dryer. There is a filter that comes out on the front of the unit. Maybe this could serve as a low point drain. I would also like to know what effect antifreeze would have on the washer if I used it.

Good question...thanks!

beardedone

Beardedone
I just visited the manufacturers site and there was no answer there either. I hope that a Heartland company rep may jump in and offer an answer. Winter comes a little sooner where I am located and I have to think about doing this within a couple of weeks.

rjr6150

Which unit do you have we have the stackable Splendide and with our booklet there were very explicit winterizing information. If someone doesn't chime in before I will post the info next week our unit is in Longmont, Co. for some warranty work.

jbeletti

Gerry and Rose,

If you have the factory supplied Splendide brand unit, here's a link the the winterization page on the Splendide website. I will also copy it below.

Winterization
How To: If needed, follow these steps to winterize your washer-dryer.

1. With the machine power OFF, pour ½ quart of RV-type antifreeze into the washer drum

2. Close the door. Advance the Program Selector knob to a SPIN position

3. Press ON/OFF Button (IN). Wait 1-2 minutes

4. Press ON/OFF Button (OUT). Unplug the washer-dryer from the electrical outlet (or disconnect power)

5. Turn the water supply faucets OFF. Disconnect the inlet hoses from the faucets. Drain any remaining water from the hoses. Finished!

Optional RV Winterization:

If you’re currently pumping antifreeze through the fresh water system, follow these steps to winterize:

1. With the machine power OFF, turn the WASH TEMP knob to HOT

2. Advance the Program Selector knob to REGULAR in Cotton Heavy Duty

3. Press the ON/OFF button (IN) and let the machine fill until antifreeze is in the drum

4. Advance Program Selector to a RESET. Wait 5 seconds (Status/Door Lock LED will blink)

5. Advance Program Selector to a SPIN position. Let the antifreeze drain from the drum

6. Advance Program Selector to RESET. Wait 5 seconds (Status/Door Lock LED will blink)

7. Turn the WASH TEMP knob to COLD

8. Advance the Program Selector knob to REGULAR in Cotton Heavy Duty

9. Let the machine fill until you see antifreeze in the drum

10. Advance the Program Selector knob to RESET. Wait 5 seconds (Status/Door Lock LED will blink)

11. Advance the Program Selector knob to SPIN. Let the antifreeze drain from the drum

12. Press the ON/OFF button (OUT). Finished!

To use again: Flush the water pipes, then

1. Reconnect the water inlet hoses to the corresponding HOT/COLD faucets. Turn the faucets ON. (NOTE: Check the water inlet hoses and pump periodically. Refer to the “Use & Care Guide” that came with the machine)

2. Plug the washer-dryer into an appropriate electrical outlet (or reconnect power supply)

3. With the ON/OFF button in the off (OUT) position, pour 1/2 TBSP. of powder detergent (or liquid equiv.) into the ‘Detergent’ compartment inside the Dispenser Drawer

4. Advance the Program Selector knob to an EXPRESS cycle

5. Press the ON/OFF button (IN) and allow the machine to run through the complete cycle to clean out any remaining antifreeze. Finished!

beardedone

Beardedone
Thanks Jim
I didn't get those instructions with mine so I really appreciate you going to the trouble to post them. After the long weekend we will go home for about ten days and then be back out to do winterization. We like to come to the park when it is quiet and celebrate our anniversary. (My DW would be happy that I remember that - then again after 38 years I should eh!)

beardedone

Beardedone
Got it done yesterday on our last trip of the year. Just in time too. Went for a drive and there was fresh snow in the mountains. Doing it was a snap. Blew out the lines also but will anti freeze them after the water leak is fixed at the dealer tomorrow. Thanks again.