Both slides should have canopies & a ladder should be on the back of an m28

.I’d like to see canopies on both slides, not just one. What a disappointment that supposedly there’s no support to put one there, I would also like to see support for a ladder on the back. Heartland engineers, are you listening???

I’ll be putting a solar light by the door for my husband who is legally blind too.

James & Carol
2014 GMC Sierra
2018 Mallard m28

Last edited by a moderator:
.I’d like to see canopies on both slides, not just one. What a disappointment that supposedly there’s no support to put one there, I would also like to see support for a ladder on the back. Heartland engineers, are you listening???

I’ll be putting a solar light by the door for my husband who is legally blind too.

James & Carol
2014 GMC Sierra
2018 Mallard m28

Wholeheartely agree!

danemayer

Just some practical advice - you should make this known to Camping World. They order Mallard trailers to their specifications. Heartland engineers would only make a change like this to a Mallard if Camping World asked for the change.

We own a 2015 Mallard M28 and I agree that there should be a slide cover over the dinette and couch (driver's side) slide. But there is not room to have one above the kitchen slide and also have an awning. The awning serves as a slide cover for the kitchen slide. Even when I'm at a camp site without room to fully extend my awning, I will roll it out enough to cover the kitchen slide for that very reason. And it is also true that you cannot have the floor plan with the large rear bathroom and also have a ladder. The internal framing is simply not there to support it. Maybe mounting one on the driver's side at the rear would be feasible, but then it would stick out on the side of the trailer and that would also be an issue. That's my take on the matter. We love our M28 :cool:.