leaking slide

I Have A 09 Sundance 2900mk With A Leaking Livingroom Slide . Dealer Ajusted Twice And Still It Leaks Both Trim Pieces At Each End Replaced, Is This Common For Hearthland Products?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It's certainly not common for your slide to leak. I probably won't be much help but does the slide leak while open and parked or when traveling? If while traveling, you may be missing the "J-blocks" that fit in the corners under the slide out. These are to help keep water spraying from the tires from getting into the trailer. If it leaks while parked and open or even closed for that matter, it sounds like an adjustment or seal out of whack. Make sure the seals on the side and the roof are all fairly equal and laying flat against the sides and roof. The seal on the roof should overlap the seals on the side walls. Hope this helps.

jbeletti

Roger,

Since you have given your dealer two tries at this, I'd like to suggest that you contact Heartland Customer Service to discuss this matter. Please have your VIN number handy and call 877-262-8032.

Explain to them what has been done thus far and what is still happening. Perhaps it is time to try another dealer or service center. Let Customer Service guide you on this.

Best of luck and let us know how this works out for you.

Jim Beletti

Thedonald

I purchased a 2007 Sundance 3200ES in Feb and this issue was on of the first I ran into. I looked on this site and sure enough this issue was being discussed. In my case and those being discussed it was while under way not while parked. I have talked to several others about this and Heartland, unfortunately, does not seem to have a solution. I noticed that with the unit closed I could see daylight around the corners on the bottom of each slide. I took garbbage bags and stuffed them into those holes and have not had the problem since. I fixed the bags so they stay on when opening etc. Hope this helps. If someone knows a real answer please let me know.
Thedonald

Forrest Fetherolf

Thedonald,

You need corner blocks installed to prevent water intrusion at bottom slide corners. Check this previous post with pics............heartland can supply the corner blocks. I installed on mine and solved the water intrusion.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=18875&highlight=corner+blocks#post18875

Forrest

slide leaks while parked

our living room slide leaks when the 5th wheel is parked. the carpet is soaked along the side and under the couch on the slide only, and hasn't gotten the carpet on the trailer floor wet as yet. Have noticed that windows are caulked only on the top and part way down each side leaving a gap between window frame and slide side but havent felt moisture on walls of side.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Roger, from what you are saying, it sounds more like water may be getting in somehow between the walls possibly through the window frame. The windows are installed with gaskets around the perimeter and sandwiched between the frame and the wall. Check to see that the drain holes in the window frame are open. If the slide seals were leaking I would think there would be water on the floor of the main room and not the slide floor.

Leaking slide 2009 Sundance 2900MK

Had same problem with same model. Quite sure leak was on edges of rear window of living room slide. Factory caulked only the top, but water apparently leaked along sides. We had lots of water on floor under left side of sofa. I caulked sides of window, and have hopefully solved problem.

Thedonald

Forest
Thanks for the advise. I will follow-up. However it is a shame we would have to purchase something additional from Heartland to solve a clear design problem.
Thedonald

Forrest Fetherolf

Forest
Thanks for the advise. I will follow-up. However it is a shame we would have to purchase something additional from Heartland to solve a clear design problem.
Thedonald

Shouldn't be a charge for parts or install................this was a well known problem before I purchased a 3600RL July-06.

Forrest

Thedonald

That is very interesting, since none of the Heartland dealers I have talked to even mentions it. It is also clear from the chatter on this site that others are not being helped either. So, when is Heartland going to admit this problem and issue a "recall" fix? Since you say they have known since 2006, I guess I should not hold my breath.
Thedonald

Forrest Fetherolf

That is very interesting, since none of the Heartland dealers I have talked to even mentions it. It is also clear from the chatter on this site that others are not being helped either. So, when is Heartland going to admit this problem and issue a "recall" fix? Since you say they have known since 2006, I guess I should not hold my breath.
Thedonald

Call Heartland 877-262-8032, find out who your area rep is and make a little noise...........you might be surprised. The corner bocks are easy to install with a few screws...........you might be able to do that yourself.

Forrest