Amana microwave suddenly just dead

jaxonwood

I pulled the unit after figuring out how it's mounted and struggling with the three top bolts stripped in their screwdriver heads during initial build. The 250v 20a fuse checked out good. I found some info on a high limit thermostat being a possible solution, and I located two similar thermostats fixed on the bottom just behind the control panel. My multimeter says one is open and the other closed. I believe a failed one of these two has caused the total failure of the unit as one online lead I found indicated. I ordered one of each for $9 plus shipping and I understand that one of these is bad but it is only some very limited suggestions and guidance that I've found on the internet. I'll try to remember to post again after completing my hopefully successful repair!

danemayer

On our 2011, the overtemp fusible link opened, cutting all power. A bit of a pain to replace. You'll want a magnetic pickup tool handy in case you drop the mounting screw.

jaxonwood

On our 2011, the overtemp fusible link opened,

There are two high temp thermostats, one tested open, the other closed. I assumed I had found the culprit but it seems both are as they should be. The "big" fuse was fine too. My transfer switch blew which is clearly what sent some bad power to the Amana and it looks visually like maybe a low voltage transformer for the control panel fried. I have yet to establish how to proceed and I do not find the part in a supplier's list. I've learned a little bit so far, but I still ain't got an oven again yet ;)