Adding Stacked Cabinets to Existing Frameless

D.S.

We would like to add stacked cabinets on top of our existing frameless cabinets, but the cabinet maker I'm working with says they would look like an after thought because it would be very difficult to get the trim/side panels lined up properly. There is no way to put continuous trim panels up without disassembling the entire kitchen and we don't want to do that. We will be painting all of the cabinets. Any suggestions?

danemayer

Hi D.S.,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. We have a few members on the forum who are pretty skilled at wood work, so you may get some ideas shortly.

You have to have a few more posts before you can add pictures, but if you can take a picture of your cabinets and post to Google Drive or another free photo website, you can link to the photo. Seeing how your cabinets look would be helpful.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I'll reply to your original post on non RV cabinets.
A good cabinet maker or finish carpenter should be able to hang new cabinets and glue a continuous veneer on the face of both the new and existing cabinets. No one would ever suspect that there was a modification. And since you plan to paint them the veneer would not have to be an expensive exotic wood.
Just a thought.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I'll reply to your original post on non RV cabinets.
A good cabinet maker or finish carpenter should be able to hang new cabinets and glue a continuous veneer on the face of both the new and existing cabinets. No one would ever suspect that there was a modification. And since you plan to paint them the veneer would not have to be an expensive exotic wood.
Just a thought.

Peace
Dave

I agree. And a bit of trim covers all sins.