Splendid Vented Dryer Install

Harrisiv

Attempting to install a Splendide TVM63XNA vented stackable dryer in my 2016 Cyclone 4113 with hookups in garage by the rear bathroom.

Question: Do I have to drill a hole in the side wall OR can I somehow use the existing garage vent above the hookups?

I would rather not drill a hole in the side! Any help or suggestions are appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

SmartSelectImage_2017-11-03-09-38-37.jpg

porthole

Retired
That vent will be blocked once the stackable units are in, so it will be unusable anyway. But if you attach the dryer vent to it what are you going to do to the outside to keep it closed when not in use?

EOneal59

Splendid has a vent kit for the trailer that has a built on flap that keeps it closed when not in use.
There should be a mark on the wall where the hole should be drilled

jmarnell

Does the 2018 Cyclone have a vent available? Where does it vent to?

Our 2018 Cyclone 4005 has a sticker above the washer connections saying it is designed only for a non-vented dryer. Bit of a disappointment since we have read very mixed reviews of the non-vented dryers.

farside291

After you make your hole but before you place the dryer, attach the hose to the dryer, push the hose though the wall then position the dryer in place. Then go outside and attach the vent after trimming the hose to length. This is way easier than trying to connect the vent hose after the dryer is installed in place. Ask me how I know. When you drill the 4 inch hole, I ran it from the inside first until the pilot bit broke through. Then run the hole saw in reverse from the outside to complete the hole. Very easy just makes your heart beat fast as you drill a big hole in your new camper.

ronlisle

Our 2018 Cyclone 4005 has a sticker above the washer connections saying it is designed only for a non-vented dryer. Bit of a disappointment since we have read very mixed reviews of the non-vented dryers.

We are looking into having a vent installed by our ‘RV guy’. It will mean having to figure out where to go with it but we’ve had a non vented machine before. Awful. So we will keep in touch.