Replacement Shocks......

Uncle Rog

I am pretty sure my shocks are going out. Any ideas on what a good set of replacements would be. I am not racing so all I need is a good heavy duty set that doesn't cost a fortune............

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I put Bilstein on mine right after I got the truck, OEM shocks were the pits.:) I would say they are not cheap but really are a good ride and life time warranty. I got mine at www.kennedydiesel.com might be better prices elsewhere now, been awhile since I bought mine....Kenny

Uncle Rog

Thanks Kenny, Bilstein's are always at the top of the list. I will check around but the price as advertised looks good, thanks again........

Uncle Rog

I went with the KYB Mono Max shocks, they were recommended by the parts house I deal with. They have the same warranty as the Bilsteins and are alittle less expensive. The ride is significantly better than before...........

http://www.kyb.com/products.htm

Dmaxcc6spd

I put Bilstein on mine right after I got the truck, OEM shocks were the pits.:) I would say they are not cheap but really are a good ride and life time warranty. I got mine at www.kennedydiesel.com might be better prices elsewhere now, been awhile since I bought mine....Kenny

I too have Bilsteins from Kennedy Diesel. John Kennedy is first rate and his custom tuned ECM is fantastic. I had another power adder on the truck, but gave his tune a try. Night and day difference. Well worth it!