Truck tires

Mullins

I have a 2013 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins. I put a set of michelin LTX M/S 265/70/17 and have 18594 miles on them. In inside tread is doing pretty good at 7/32. but the out side tread is doing really bad at about 3 to 4/32 (in some places on the tire is less). I have them rotated at the 5K mile interval. Has anyone out there experiencing the same thing or have an opinion on the tire. Going in tomorrow to see what the folks have to say about them; and it is that time again to have them rotated..:( I also pull cyclone 38' toy hauler, Since putting these tires on, I might have 1500 miles on them while pulling the RV. and after having a significant blow out a couple of years ago I do check the PSI on the RV and truck every time I take it out.

MTPockets

I was having a similar issue with my original tires. A dealer in Las Vegas recommended an alignment at a shop that did the city transit buses, trucks, and other heavy duty vehicles. The mechanic suggested a slight departure/adjustment from the Ford factory specs due to my towing. I had zero problems from that point and second set of tires were always perfect..... An alignment expert is key...

Razorbackfan

USN Chief
Are you running level when your loaded? Sounds like your squatting a bit loaded and your running positive camber on the front which is causing wear on the outside.
If you plan to run loaded most of the time I would simulate the pin weight with concrete bags or something and have the alignment done loaded.

rxbristol

Have a friend that used to be head maintenance for several dealerships and he stated that an alignment should be done every 15,000 miles and highly recommends an alignment shop that has Hunter equipment. I went to a Ford dealership in Las Cruces, NM and they could not align a dually, but found an independent with Hunter equipment...love the results.