Ceiling light removal

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello BighornJack and welcome to this very friendly informational forum. Lots of great people here.
To remove the lens from the light fixture you just need to turn the glass counter clockwise. Just unscrew it.
Sometimes they are pretty tight.
They use a Halogen bulb but at this time I don't remember what number.
Ebay might bed your cheapest outlet for replacement bulbs.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi Bighornjack,

If these are the reading lights in the living room, pull the glass diffuser down away from the ceiling a little. You'll be pulling against spring-loaded retainers. Once the fixture is out far enough to grasp above the diffuser, hold the fixture and rotate the diffuser about 1/8 turn as though unscrewing a light bulb. The diffuser should come off, exposing the bulb.

You might consider using LEDs as a replacement. Prices are way down. Here's a link.

RawFaith

Hello BighornJack and welcome to this very friendly informational forum. Lots of great people here.
To remove the lens from the light fixture you just need to turn the glass counter clockwise. Just unscrew it.

Peace
Dave

Dave,
Don't mean to hijack the thread but will this apply to the 05 LandMark, 1 by one the lights have gone out at the bedroom.
They are super tight that I'm afraid to break them

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Dave,
Don't mean to hijack the thread but will this apply to the 05 LandMark, 1 by one the lights have gone out at the bedroom.
They are super tight that I'm afraid to break them
I'm not sure what you have in your Landmark but if it is a round glass lens about 4 inches in diameter they will unscrew. Some are just really tight.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Rawfaith, I had an ‘05 Landmark and agree with Dave on unscrewing the lens. Those used halogen bulbs back then as well. For the most part, the new round recessed LED fixtures will go in the same hole as the old fixture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peace
Dave
Thank you for your help...

Daley07

How to Change an RV Ceiling Light Bulb with a high-intensity or more energy-efficient light bulb. First, you should check your RV’s ceiling light casing. Then, rotate the ceiling light cover counterclockwise to expose the light housing. Remove the screws that secure the casing to the bracket. Pull out the light casing to expose the wiring. Take out the old light bulb, then install the new light bulb. If you have LED lights, you will have to check the wiring diagram to change the RV interior light bulbs. Test your lights by turning them on and off several times, noting their response and other characteristics.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, 6000K? That is white white. I would opt for something a little warmer.

Peace
Dave