Ford Tow Technology Bundle and quad Beam Headlamps

fritzwell

Getting ready to upgrade to a 2017 Ford F-350 and need some input on the above listed packages. Is the Tow Tech Bundle worth the expense or might that 1800.00 be better spent else where? Same with the LED headlights, get em or leave em?

Thanks, Ken

Wmnmy

I like the led headlamps brighter than halogen.

- - - Updated - - -

I like the led headlamps brighter than halogen. As for the tow tech bundle I have similar in my Denali it's nice in a suv but you could probably spend it elsewhere for your tow vehicle unless you like a lot of gadgets....

travlingman

I have both on mine and recommend them. The headlights are no comparison to previous models. Makes driving at night alot easier for these old eyes.

Tow technology bundle is definitely worth the extra money. It comes with the adaptive steering which makes backing much easier as it changes the steering ratio. Auto dimming of lights, rain sensing wipers, lane keep assist, trailer guidance and of course the camera system is in the package. The cameras are great. Can use your center screen and watch both sides of your trailer as you back. The 360 view really helps in parking.

aRAYwego

I have both on mine and recommend them. The headlights are no comparison to previous models. Makes driving at night alot easier for these old eyes.

Tow technology bundle is definitely worth the extra money. It comes with the adaptive steering which makes backing much easier as it changes the steering ratio. Auto dimming of lights, rain sensing wipers, lane keep assist, trailer guidance and of course the camera system is in the package. The cameras are great. Can use your center screen and watch both sides of your trailer as you back. The 360 view really helps in parking.

I would have to agree 100% , the LED's are well worth the money. I also love the tow tech bundle, although I do shut the lane keep assist off.

jbeletti

The LED Headlights are amazing.

Unsure what the other lights that light the sides of the road are (with low beams only - fog lamps?) but I love those too. Lots of deer in rural areas and it makes me feel a bit more comfortable night driving and being able to see Bambi sneaking out from the ditch.

jbeletti

Ken - you didn't ask about this, but two of my favorite options are:

1. Adaptive Cruise Control

2. Lane Keeping System

RoadJunkie

01e63b3db69a0588553e681b820022cf--single-emojis-emoji-faces.jpg

Wellllll, now I wannnnnna new Ford F350 truck with LED lighting and lane assist and cameras and....

jbeletti

You get behind a LEO and your truck just stays with him whether he slows down or speeds up!!! ;) ;) ;)

Agreed!

So Adaptive Cruise Control, in my 2-days experience is a great safety feature. The gist of it is that with the feature turned on, when you're using cruise control and come upon a slower vehicle ahead of you, in your lane, your vehicle will slow down and match the other vehicle's speed. It will also maintain a distance behind that vehicle based on the setting you've chosen. So far, I've chosen the maximum distance, which at 70 MPH was about 3 seconds.

In practice, with cruise on and the adaptive cruise feature on, my truck has slowly slowed down as needed and paced the vehicle in front of me. In my case, it was so subtle that it was minutes before I even realized I was going 5 to 10 MPH slower than I'd set the cruise control for. When clear to my left, I signaled and began to change lanes to pass. Nearly immediately, the system resumed to the cruise control set speed. Very cool!

justafordguy

I've yet to read the manual. Can you explain this feature please?

I think it uses magic ;)

With the lights on and no oncoming cars they just change to high beam. Also it goes to low beam when a car is coming or you slow down to less than maybe 20.

Pizzaguy

Just set your headlight switch to auto, and I think push lever for high beams on. It reacts quicker than I can. It is one of my favorite features! It will only work after it is completely dark outside.

LBR

Just picked our new Ford up this morning and put on 100 miles....to appreciate our whole experience, we have had a 2003 XLT since 05.......OMG what a difference!!

Sniper

I've yet to read the manual. Can you explain this feature please?
On the productivity screen go to "settings" scroll down to "auto highbeam" click "ok" on the steering wheel to check mark the box. Then the high beams will work automatically with the headlight switch in the "auto position" regardless of the highbeam switch position. It's pretty friggin' amazing! It even detects vehicles coming from a side road and dims the headlights or the street lights when you come into town. It's crazy. You can also dim the headlamps for a few moments by moving the lever if you feel they aren't shutting off fast enough but they will go back to auto mode in like 20 seconds. :)

PS. The feature may work with the headlight switch in the on position too. I haven't had it out of the auto mode to check.

Safe travels! :)

jbeletti

On the productivity screen go to "settings" scroll down to "auto highbeam" click "ok" on the steering wheel to check mark the box. Then the high beams will work automatically with the headlight switch in the "auto position" regardless of the highbeam switch position. It's pretty friggin' amazing! It even detects vehicles coming from a side road and dims the headlights or the street lights when you come into town. It's crazy. You can also dim the headlamps for a few moments by moving the lever if you feel they aren't shutting off fast enough but they will go back to auto mode in like 20 seconds. :)

PS. The feature may work with the headlight switch in the on position too. I haven't had it out of the auto mode to check.

Safe travels! :)

Thanks! While sitting at a red light today, I found the Auto High Beams setting and it was set to Auto or On.

I guess on my night drive the other day, I had the headlights set to ON vs Auto. I have found with automatic headlights, that there are times (fog, rain, mist) where I want the lights on, yet it's not dark enough outside for the to turn on automatically.

fritzwell

I apologize if I'm push this conversation off track, but I'll be picking up our 2017 F-350 tomorrow. Thanks all for your input on the Tech Bundle and Quad Beam lights.:)