Replacement part for Fresh water inlet (connection)

dmclane

I have a 2015 Big Country VIN 5SFBG3820FE284864. The valve which the fresh water connects to with the internal back flow contained within has failed. So, I need to replace. before the valve it has a 3/4” garden house fitting (female)to 1/2” female. Brass. Red part number and/or retailer. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Deb found on another website.

Kantleak Valves Updates
After my issues with this valve and all of the those on our Facebook site having issues with this valve, I have some good news. Anderson Brass Company is tired of all of the not so nice calls about this basically, plastic junk valve, and will have 100% brass valve available in the next couple of months. I visited with a wonderful young man at the company that gave me the whole update. It will also be available on Amazon too in the next few months. Anderson Brass has taken the new units to Indiana for the RV companies to begin using them in new coaches. If you are ordering a new coach make sure you request the new brass 4 way valve. Otherwise you might end up with old plastic inventory. This company heard our plea and responded. Our concerns in this particular case were heard. I want to personally thank Mike at Anderson Brass with the update and very good news.

danemayer

Deb found on another website.

Kantleak Valves Updates
After my issues with this valve and all of the those on our Facebook site having issues with this valve, I have some good news. Anderson Brass Company is tired of all of the not so nice calls about this basically, plastic junk valve, and will have 100% brass valve available in the next couple of months. I visited with a wonderful young man at the company that gave me the whole update. It will also be available on Amazon too in the next few months. Anderson Brass has taken the new units to Indiana for the RV companies to begin using them in new coaches. If you are ordering a new coach make sure you request the new brass 4 way valve. Otherwise you might end up with old plastic inventory. This company heard our plea and responded. Our concerns in this particular case were heard. I want to personally thank Mike at Anderson Brass with the update and very good news.

Well, that's interesting. But I don't recall anyone complaining about failures of the plastic. I think it's been the rubber o-rings failing. So I wonder how changing from plastic to brass will help.

porthole

Retired
Well, that's interesting. But I don't recall anyone complaining about failures of the plastic. I think it's been the rubber o-rings failing. So I wonder how changing from plastic to brass will help.

Perhaps the plastic lands flex under pressure and cannot contain the O-rings?
Plastic can't be machined to exact enough tolerances to allow the O-rings to function correctly?

And I'm sure they are not re-tooling because the problem is just an O-ring failure. There is an underlying problem causing the fail.

RoadJunkie

I have had several interactions with Anderson and believe them to be a top notch company with great technical support. It doesn't surprise me they are listening and redesigning the product.

jbeletti

Yes. That is the culprit, but it seems it is covered with a new brass unit. Thanks everyone.

Circle back here when you get the brass item to let us know how the install went as well as your experience with Anderson Brass, if you get it direct - I I suggest you try that route first to see if they'll warranty it for you.

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
I have a 2015 Big Country VIN 5SFBG3820FE284864. The valve which the fresh water connects to with the internal back flow contained within has failed. So, I need to replace. before the valve it has a 3/4” garden house fitting (female)to 1/2” female. Brass. Red part number and/or retailer. Thank you.

In the meantime, just get one of these

https://www.rvautoparts.com/Valterr...MI7YfVzZ2z1wIVELXACh0regWFEAQYCSABEgIGjfD_BwE

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk