roof staining

joembx

hello
we purchased a new 2017 road warrior in march of 17,since then there is some kind of staining happening to roof material ,,seems to be bleeding through from underneath a rusty type color ,thats getting worse everyday,have tried to wash it off 3 times already,does not come off,have had an rv repair shop look at it and they agree ,bleeding through they say its adhesive used in roof material installation process,,,just wondering is anyone else having this happen??
the 3 ac units are another story ,,black oiley type stains where ever condensate runs,,,,these things are driving me nuts ,i keep my roof clean and well maintained
thanks joe ,barbara
ill try to post pics today

Attachments

• 1109170943a.jpg
    1109170943a.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 1109170941.jpg
    1109170941.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 109
  • 1109170944c.jpg
    1109170944c.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 1109170944b.jpg
    1109170944b.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 1109170943.jpg
    1109170943.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

rxbristol

The air conditioner stain is normal, but the roof stain I've not seen before. By your pictures, it seems to be more on the edges. Is that correct?

CoveredWagon

The air conditioner stain is normal, but the roof stain I've not seen before. By your pictures, it seems to be more on the edges. Is that correct?

Is the ac staining harmful? I washed my roof with Dawn and it cleaned off everything but the ac stains.

Lynn1130

I think I would be on the phone with Heartland Customer Service before the year warranty runs out. It may be covered by a longer warranty that comes with the roof but I would not take a chance. Find out what options you have and where they want you to go to have it looked at.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Is the ac staining harmful? I washed my roof with Dawn and it cleaned off everything but the ac stains.

I seem to remember a post that these "permanent" stains are an AC issue, and some folks even got a roof replacement.

I would recommend searching the forum more throughly to find this thread, and calling Heartland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joembx

I think I would be on the phone with Heartland Customer Service before the year warranty runs out. It may be covered by a longer warranty that comes with the roof but I would not take a chance. Find out what options you have and where they want you to go to have it looked at.
called heartland today,local rv repair shop tech also called,, heartland seems to think all three ac,s are leaking Freon ,,,humm,,

TxRoadWarrior362

I was one of the ac and roof replacements. Dometic paid for replacement of all three ac's and a new roof thru Heartland. Call Anthony Roberts with Heartland. He was very helpful and made sure all was covered and repaired.

Tim

danemayer

Best I recall, after replacing the A/C units and the roof on 2 or 3 units, Dometic determined that the leaks were not damaging to the roof material and I think they found a readily available cleaner that would remove the stains. I'm not sure, but I think it may have been Simply Green. I don't remember what they determined about what was leaking.

TxRoadWarrior362

Best I recall, after replacing the A/C units and the roof on 2 or 3 units, Dometic determined that the leaks were not damaging to the roof material and I think they found a readily available cleaner that would remove the stains. I'm not sure, but I think it may have been Simply Green. I don't remember what they determined about what was leaking.

I don't think we will ever hear about the true cause of some staining issues. It would open up Pandora's box. But more than two or three ac were replaced because of this staining. Condensation staining is normal and can be washed off. The staining on my roof couldn't be washed away. Not as easy as sweeping some issues under the rug.

Tim

alwaysbusy

Tx and I have both been through this, you can find our history on the threads via search, please look them up as I think they'll help you. In my case, Dan is correct, Simple Green or Mean Green from Walmart removed the stains and is what Heartland Service Center used. No new roof needed. Oil was leaking from A/C's and were all replaced, they have a 2 year warranty. Dicor inspected and stood behind the roof stating neither the cleaning solution(s) nor oil harmed their membrane. It is quite a process as both Tx and I will attest to but worth it as my new units do not do this.

Good seeing you Tx, not on as much as used to, LIFE ya know.

TxRoadWarrior362

Tx and I have both been through this, you can find our history on the threads via search, please look them up as I think they'll help you. In my case, Dan is correct, Simple Green or Mean Green from Walmart removed the stains and is what Heartland Service Center used. No new roof needed. Oil was leaking from A/C's and were all replaced, they have a 2 year warranty. Dicor inspected and stood behind the roof stating neither the cleaning solution(s) nor oil harmed their membrane. It is quite a process as both Tx and I will attest to but worth it as my new units do not do this.

Good seeing you Tx, not on as much as used to, LIFE ya know.

Good to hear from you Always! I hope all is well. We continue to enjoy our Warrior and making memories with our kids and grandkids. It is what it is. LIFE is good!

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
A friend has tiny blisters over much of his roof material. Most are less than 1/4 inch but the degree of blistering has me wondering what would have caused this. Could it be a too agressive cleaner or maybe a manufacturing defect?