Lippert Frames

windquest

There has been historical chatter about Lippert frames having a "limitation" of GVWR, and some manufactures have addressed this with reduced weights in order to not stress the frames. I notice with great interest that the Augusta has a gross weight of 16,200 and a net weight of 12595 with a pin weight of 2125. So, what I don't understand is that there is then a weight of 14075 on two 7000 pound axles. Maybe the pin weight is shown is calculated at the net weight, but it seems that this is close to max. 3605 is a reasonable amount for options and stuff, but is the max listed really exceeding the "limitation" of Lippert frames? In the real world many folks run close to or even exceed either the GVWR of the trailer or the truck or both....so....are there any concerns with the Lippert frame and are there any recommended upgrades (axles, tires etc) that might be advised?
Henry

davelinde

... a gross weight of 16,200 and a net weight of 12595 with a pin weight of 2125. So, what I don't understand is that there is then a weight of 14075 on two 7000 pound axles.

I do not know the specifics of the unit you are asking about or anything about Lippert frames, but in general you do not add the pin weight to the dry weight, and for axle loading you would subtract it. So, if you were at 12595# and a 2125# pin you would have 10470 on the axles. As you loaded up to the GVWR the pin would go up to... so at the max you could estimate the pin at 3240# and the axle load at 12960.

I have loaded trucks over the GVWR. I would really hesitate to load an RV over it's GVWR.