Water pump and pressurizing system

klp605

When you have completely drained your water system and go to use it again, how long does it take to pressurize the system? Should you feel air coming through the lines at a faucet?

Additional Info:
It's cold (now 36) so we blew out lines and drained all tanks last time we camped. We have a heated underbelly and the heat has been running the last few days during prep and the camper was 65. Just filled fresh water tank with 30 gallons prior to leaving so I know there is water.

I can hear the pump turn on, just want to make sure I don't screw anything up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
If you drained the water heater that takes awhile to fill back up, 3-4 minutes possibly.

The pumps are a diaphragm type, so they can run dry.

Do you have the water selection valve set correctly?
Try turning off the pump and then back on, sometimes it gets air bound.

You can also try hooking up city water, clear the lines of air and then while still flowing city water turn on the pump, this may aid in priming the pump.

Lynn1130

Open the hot water at the kitchen sink. It will need to fill the water heater and depending upon the size can take 5 minutes or more of the pump running before water rather than air starts coming through. Usually I get a lot of air and belching (the line not me) while it is filling the hot water tank.