How long until your battery is dead?

davelinde

I just got back to our unit after two weeks in storage, the battery was completely drained. Once I got it powered up again the only thing I found that I'd left on was the water pump - not sure that draws much in standby?

Our previous rig could sit for a few months unused and still have enough battery to operate the landing gear and slides a few times. Is it normal for a 3210 to suck down the battery this fast with the "nothing in use" load?

Before I add a battery disconnect I'd like to make sure there not something draining the battery abnormally.

sailorand

Past British Columbia Chapter Leader
Dave
You will need an amp meter to put in line. A digital one would be nice. Some of the better multimeters will do more than .5 amps. Just connect it inline on the Positive side of your batteries to see what the drain is.

snuffy

My propane dector will kill mine in about a week. Also some radios will drain even though they aren't on.
As a result, I installed a battery disconnect, which I operate after returning home each trip. Has solved my problem.

Uncle Rog

When dry camping we sometimes use the disconnect for several hours a day. With 4 T-105's you can extend the charge for days.............

Detmer

I also drained my battery on my 3210. I only had 4.5 volts when I checked it. You need to add a disconnect switch. It should cost you about $25-$30 for a good one. I don't know why they did not do this from the factory.
I think the propane detector also monitors battery voltage.
Also the control panel by your door is live all the time with the battery connected.
Recharge the battery at a low and slow charge rate and you should be OK. Mine is working fine now after installing a disconnect switch.

Jett

My 08 3210 came factory-equipped with a battery disconnect (in the front compartment) I guess HL must had discontinued them on the 09s

Jett

krehlert

Still kickin and screamin
When I purchased mine they changed out the 12 volt batteries and put in (2) 6 volt deep cell batteries that last 3 times as long. Has onyone else had this done?

Uncle Rog

krehlert, the only way the 2 6's will last three times as long is if your stk battery was a 75ah and the 6's are 225ah, amp hours "is" amp hours. The stk unit that came with our rig was a 12v, 175ah. The 6v advantage is that they can be cycled, charged and discharged, many more times than most 12v units. A lot of folks here have 4 6v systems, me included. I use the stk battery as a reserve giving us a total of 625ah. That might sound like a lot but without hook-ups if you are not paying attention you can burn them down in a hurry.