Light switch on step

Maretta

First time posting. I have a 2017 Big Country 3150RL. When you enter the RV there are steps to the right going up to the bedroom. On the rise of the bottom step is a switch - looks like a regular light switch. Cannot see what this controls. Anyone know what this is for? Thanks in advance for any help. Maretta

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi Maretta,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

A small rocker switch on the stairs usually controls a light mounted under the entry steps to the coach.

Maretta

Hi Maretta,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

A small rocker switch on the stairs usually controls a light mounted under the entry steps to the coach.

THANK YOU! Too bad the dealership we bought it from had no idea what it was for....

Loren1227

We have just recently purchased a Sundance XLT 189 MB and have the clearance light on below the steps and for the life of me can not find the switch to turn this light off.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
We have just recently purchased a Sundance XLT 189 MB and have the clearance light on below the steps and for the life of me can not find the switch to turn this light off.
Hello Loren1227. Do you have a remote with your camper? If so that light is most likely controlled by the remote.

Peace
Dave

Loren1227

Hello Loren1227. Do you have a remote with your camper? If so that light is most likely controlled by the remote.

Peace
Dave
Thank you for the response. We don't have a remote.
I have spoke with the Salesmen and he says it should turn off with the porch light switch and that does not work. Spoke with my Service advisor and he would have to see it in person.
I am starting to believe it is wired incorrectly.

danemayer

Thank you for the response. We don't have a remote.
I have spoke with the Salesmen and he says it should turn off with the porch light switch and that does not work. Spoke with my Service advisor and he would have to see it in person.
I am starting to believe it is wired incorrectly.
On most rigs, the light under the steps is operated by a switch inside that's close to the floor and usually near the entry door.

Loren1227

On most rigs, the light under the steps is operated by a switch inside that's close to the floor and usually near the entry door.

We have looked on the control panel that has all the other power switches and that does not have a toggle switch or a rocker.

Looked on the panel where all the fuses are. Nope not there either.

Looked under the dinette where there is a toggle switch for the led lights on the floor.

Inspected under the steps, around the steps and even through the steps and unable to find anything.

Loren1227

Took the trailer to the dealer to find out why there was no switch to turn off this light. Come to find out it was wired incorrectly to the water pump. It is now wired correctly wired to the come on and off with the porch light.