New Sundance XLT 5er owner - Question on adding a slide??

fmboland

Question to all or Heartland Rep?
Just drove about 300miles yesterday to look at the Sundance XLT 287 RL. I have to say I was pretty impressed by this unit. The only problem with this unit is that the bedroom is pretty cramped and I know this is because of the weight factor. What my question is would it be possible to put a slide into the bedroom to open it up and have more storage without adding an extra 2500lbs. My truck will not pull the weight of the mid-profile series but the XLT would work fine, even an extra 400-600lbs would be OK. Just a little slide to add a set of drawers or a small hanging closet would be perfect.

Thanks for an answer.

Fred

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Try asking this question under the "Ask the Factory - Sundance". Coley Brady monitors the Bighorn/Landmark/Big Country ATFs, but I believe someone else monitors the Sundance ATF.

JohnL

Sundance Product Manager
fmboland, it sounds good to me - but the slide (any bedroom slide will add about 11 more inches and up to 700lbs - i would love to add a bedroom slide but it just not going to work- But if you run and jump onto the bed - no need to walk around ( i am 6'2' and about 265lb what a picture that would make) just kidding. Sometimes you can only get 5 pounds in a five pound bag. Have you looked at the 2800RLS ( dry weight 7975lbs ) would that be too much? Thanks John Leoard Sundance Brand Manager