Just ordered a BC 3250TS

bigchief

Hi everyone;
Just ordered a BC 3250TS, the dealer will send the order on Tuesday and now I think I will maybe add the electric awning. Looking for pros and cons about it. Any help will be appreciated.

Bigchief

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Congrats on your new venture! Welcome to the Heartland Family. I know the electric awning is easier to put in aand out but besides that I'm not sure. I like the standard awning because I can set it up to withstand pretty heavy winds where with the electric it needs to be retracted. I really don't know which would be better but it would be nice to have the convenience of pushing a button.

bigredtruck

We have had our Cyclone for less than a week. so far, love the electric awning but there is no way to adjust the slope. Usually when we leave camp (until the next weekend) we have put the awning in close to the trailer but still extended all the way. Can't do that with electric it's either in or out. only other drawback is that it is so high, that I need a ladder to hang my patio lights on it. :p

BobSue

I wasn't in favor of the electric awning when we bought ours. Just one more electrical thing to go wrong.

Since then I have found that I use the awning more than with previous manual one since it is so much easier. Feel like I want it? Just push the button. Need to bring it in to go some where or to bed? Just push the button.

I do miss the option of tilting the awning to block sun more often. My DW made a sun screen that slides in to the slot on the roller. It helps to block the sun when it is lower in the sky.

The electric awning is also high. I cannot reach the slot without a step stool.

But all in all, after having both; I prefer the electric.

Of course, ask me again after it breaks and I have to repair it.:rolleyes: