unidentified water drain through floor

beardedone

Beardedone
I am looking under our 09 Augusta and there is a 1/2 inch drain hose protruding through the floor in front of the entry steps and aligned under the hallway near the door to the bathroom. I cannot determine where this water drain line originates or what purpose it serves. Does anyone know the answer and is there a tap control on it etc. etc.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
The one's thru the floor on my 3670 BH in front of the entry steps are the low point drains. The Augusta is the same floor plan as the 3670 and I would figure the drains would be the same. The fresh water tank drain should be on the off door side in front of the front axle. Hope this helps.

Bill

beardedone

Beardedone
That's right. I know where the fresh water drain is but I was under the impression that these units did not have a low point drain. If they do where would the valve be to open it? They might be useful. It will 0 degress C. tomorrow night and only 5 more and it is anti-freeze time.
thanks.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
The valve's on mine are on the end of the line. You might open up the partition in the storage bay and see if you can locate them. Mine hang down about 6 inches below the bottom.

Bill

beardedone

Beardedone
Well I think I have it figured out. We have the washer dryer stacked in the front closet and there is a drain pan under the washer. A hose leads away from there and I think it is that hose which I see about 8 feet back. The reason it is so far back is that they ran it over top of the storage and battery compartments before there was room to drop it down. Anybody with a similar floor plan as the Augusta with a W/D out there that would have the same hose protruding down?

2010augusta

My Augusta with W/D has the same hose. It could be the over flow drain. I poured a couple cups of water in the tray but nothing came out that hose.