Ford 17C12 recall

fritzwell

Wondering how many have been caught up in Fords Super-duty inflatable seatbelt recall? Took delivery of our 17 F-350 on the 9th of this month, had possession of it for less than 24hr. Received a call from dealer the next day on the recall, returned to dealer that day and the truck has to stay until fixed. The kicker is no one knows how long that might be. :confused: Includes 2015 to 2017 Superduty's, rear driver side (inflatable seat belt only) rivet head is evidently to thin. *UBAR

Fritzwell grounded in Kansas:(

Chippendale

Pardon my ignorance, but what is an "inflatable seat belt"? I have a 2015 F350 DRW (have not had any word of a recall) and I don't think my seat belts inflate, at least I don't know how to inflate them. Also, why would a person have to stop driving his vehicle if the only problem is with one of the "rear" seat belts. That sounds strange, I would check that with Ford or the National safety board about them holding your truck hostage.

fritzwell

Pardon my ignorance, but what is an "inflatable seat belt"? I have a 2015 F350 DRW (have not had any word of a recall) and I don't think my seat belts inflate, at least I don't know how to inflate them. Also, why would a person have to stop driving his vehicle if the only problem is with one of the "rear" seat belts. That sounds strange, I would check that with Ford or the National safety board about them holding your truck hostage.

George,
If you don't have inflatable seat belts, your not in the recall.
What I was told about them is there an advantage with kids car seats. Bout all I know about em. But I do believe they were made to sell and not to buy.
Why did I buy them? Cause they were part of the package on the truck, only reason I have them.
Why won't they release my truck to me? Liability is my guess. Sucks but that's what we've let ourselves be pushed into in my opinion. No one to blame but ourselves.

Fritzwell

MCTalley

For Super Duty trucks, only the 2017s:

AFFECTED VEHICLES
VehicleModel YearAssembly PlantBuild Dates
F-1502015-2017Dearborn TruckJuly 20, 2015 through June 16, 2017
Kansas City
F-Super Duty2017Kentucky TruckOctober 20, 2015 through June 16, 2017

According to this link.

Also, googling this I found at least one person on a forum that purchased an affected F-150 from a dealer who the next day said they had to take it back (there was a "No Sale" code on all their affected trucks, but they sold it to him anyway). Sad part was he was still paying for the truck while it sat on the dealer's lot awaiting the fix (they did loan him another truck to drive, but still).

hoefler

Cancle the sale! They need to be giving you a comparable vehicle to use. They can not hold your vehicle hostage if you owe no money against. Sontact the state's attorney general.