RV lock deadbolt locking question

Saburai

Hi everyone!

Brand spanking new guy here. Great forum!

Question about the functionality of the RV lock 4.0 when you hit the lock button, does it lock both the handle and the deadbolt or just the handle? I'm hoping that it lockshould the deadbolt. As I understand it, the handle lock is keyed to be able to be opened with a RV master key and I'd prefer the added security of that not being an option when I lock the door.
Many thanks!

Rich

Crumgater

Just a side note... since the keypad only locks/unlocks the deadbolt, you CAN lock yourself out. If you have the handle lock engaged on the inside of the door as you leave... and close the door behind you, thinking you'll lock/unlock with the keypad, you may be out of luck.

Or... if your spouse gets home first and locks the handle after going in... you won't be able to get in without waking said spouse up and getting them to let you in. Just an FYI!
I always check the handle operation before I close the door, just to be sure.

Oregon_Camper

Just a side note... since the keypad only locks/unlocks the deadbolt, you CAN lock yourself out. If you have the handle lock engaged on the inside of the door as you leave... and close the door behind you, thinking you'll lock/unlock with the keypad, you may be out of luck.

Are you saying your RV Lock has the ability to lock the handle from inside the RV? Mine does not...I only have the red lever, that locks the deadbolt.

LBR

Are you saying your RV Lock has the ability to lock the handle from inside the RV? Mine does not...I only have the red lever, that locks the deadbolt.
^^x2^^....our door locks operate the deadbolt only as well, whereas the compartment locks do lock the handle out of operation.

Crumgater, did you just purchase a new style of lock that has that feature?

itinerants

I also have only the red lever. I currently have the issue of my key not being to unlock the deadbolt. If my batteries die, I am locked out

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk