washer/dryer-stacked

We want to purchase a stacking washer/dryer unit. Has anyone had any experience with the Majestic Brand and/or the Splendide Brand????
We are already pre plumbed, but want to make sure we get the unit that does the best job. They both seem to have then same capacity. Your advice will be appreciated.

jbeletti

I have the Splendide stackers and they have worked well for me. I read at least one comment from someone here that had a negative experience with them.

A year or better ago, I heard some negative on the Majestic units. I have never owned them.

Whirlpool I believe, has 110 volt units that will fit the space. So a possible 3rd option.

Jim

Delaine and Lindy

We have use both the Splendide Combo and the Splendide Ariston Stackable unit. Delaine says the Spendide Ariston is the best option, much faster and you can wash and dry at the same time. Good Luck with your choice. GBY.....

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I'd be careful of the Majestics have seen many negative posts on other forums about their reliability. Most people seem to like the Splendide stackables. We have the Whirlpool stackables. They were easier to locate and considerably less expensive...and they work great!!

rjr6150

We went with the Splendide stackable and Kathy claims they work as well or better than our front loader Whirlpools at home.

happyrover

Stackable Washers & Dryers

I'd be careful of the Majestics have seen many negative posts on other forums about their reliability. Most people seem to like the Splendide stackables. We have the Whirlpool stackables. They were easier to locate and considerably less expensive...and they work great!!

About your Whirlpool stackables. I saw them in a Motor Home and have heard a lot of good things about the brand Whirlpool. We are in the process of installing a washer & dryer in our Landmark Grand Canyon. I would like very much to have the Whirlpool ones. You stated they were easier to locate, but I am having problems finding them. Also could you tell me approximate price for them?? Would appreciate any help you could give me on this. Thank you so much. Happyrover
Email address is engravermn@msn.com

Delaine and Lindy

Well we sold the Cambridge 358 we let our Splendide Ariston stackable go with the sell. However we owned the Landmark (Augusta) and now have the Mobile Suites and don't have a W/D but after doing laundry at other places we are now in the process of getting another W/D. I do think we will be getting another Splendide Aristion. We owned the Combo and the Stackable by Splendide and didn't have a problem. Another reason is because we can get them installed by Camping World, our other two Splendide's were installed and purchased there and they did a great job. We have tried to get the Wirlpool but they aren't easy to find. We can find the 220 volt type but the 110's are hard to find. As a matter of fact I getting little hints now, Delaine just told me they have them near by! Well I guess another Splendide is in the near future. She also likes the front load W/D. GBY....

jandm

We had a Wirlpool washer/dryer stack set put in our new rig. Capacity is good,but we have more vibration then I expected.(??)

PhilPam

We have a whirlpool washer and dryer stackable also and part of the shaking problem in our trailer comes from the false floor design at the front of the washer in the area where it is installed. Not sure how to correct the problem with the floor.

guyc66

We have the Splendide Ariston stackables and agree that they are fantastic. They really do work as well as our front loaders at home only on a smaller scale due to size. The washer balances the load very well and the dryer has a wrinkle reducer setting that does a great job. You wouldn't be disappointed if you went with Splendide Ariston models.

Dragoon

We've had both in our rigs over the years. If you have the room and don't mind a little more weight added to your rig, go with the Splendide Ariston Stackables. By far the fastest way to get clothes washed, then dried. The combo we had (also Splendide) did the job, but it seem to take forever. In 10+ years of full-timing with the combo, never needed any repairs to the combo. Have now had the stackables for 4 years and "knock on wood", they are trouble free. Only wish everything else was built the same way. Good luck in your search...