Furrion Oven Operation - Long cook times?

LProffit

I used the Furrion oven for the first time last night. It took and hour and half to pre-heat to a temperature of 350 degrees. Is this normal? If not, what are the solutions?

danemayer

Re: ATF: Bighorn - Furrion Oven

Hi LProffit,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

For a question like this, you'll do better to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

It sounds to me like maybe not enough propane is getting to the burner. Another possibility is the thermostat, but a thermostat problem would probably manifest differently.

There was an installation problem on some 2017 Cyclone and Road Warrior builds with Furrion ranges where the propane hose was angled incorrectly. I think a flexible hose was used to resolve the problem. It's possible you might have an installation issue like that affecting propane flow.

Ask Customer Service if there's a way for you to check your propane line to the range to make sure yours is ok. But because of the usual hazards involved with propane, it's possible you might have to have an authorized servicer check out the oven for you.

RoadJunkie

If ours is "normal", then the oven gets up to temp in about 10 minutes with a 350deg set point. Also, ours came with a baking stone that helps keep the oven at a constant temperature.

NYSUPstater

Ours is similar to RJ's(above) and have wondered what the heck the stone thing was in the oven. Where do you put it? Put in after oven reaches temp or during the whole pre-heat/cooking time? One thing we've noticed is that the oven temp fluctuates a little while cooking. Almost like you had to keep adjusting it. HOWEVER, now that we know the stone is supposed to go in the oven, then perhaps the temp will be a bit more regulated. Otherwise, the oven works great. 1st time was w/ fries on a air bake pizza pan (one w/ holes in middle). Fries turned out AWESOME!! Then it's been used to cook a frozen pizza and bake a cake. Both of the latter, turned out good w/ some trial and error.

RoadJunkie

Use the stone as the oven heats and, of course, during baking. We only remove the stone, and pad, for travel. We put ours on the bottom of the oven, not much room if you put it on a rack.

NYSUPstater

Does the stone go on the rack below your item? Forgive me for asking silly questions, didn't have one w/ last 5er (stone that is).

CoveredWagon

Does the stone go on the rack below your item? Forgive me for asking silly questions, didn't have one w/ last 5er (stone that is).

there is a metal pan/tray in a slot just above the burner. Remove this tray and insert the stone. It’s a perfect fit

emery395

there is a metal pan/tray in a slot just above the burner. Remove this tray and insert the stone. It’s a perfect fit

Book does NOT give directions to remove metal tray. What is the purpose of the tray?
We are researching ideas cause oven preheats slowly and temp wildly fluctuating.

Last edited:

emery395

Was told by Heartland today that Furrion did have a problem with some units made in 2017.

Does anyone know if recall notices were sent out? Anyone seen a list of affected unit's serial numbers.

Was also told that normal temperature fluctuations can be quite large.

My 2017 cyclone oven must be set to 380 in order to achieve 350 temperature and then it fluctuates over 30 degrees. No answer or voice mail at Furrion customer service number.

pegmikef

Was told by Heartland today that Furrion did have a problem with some units made in 2017.

Does anyone know if recall notices were sent out? Anyone seen a list of affected unit's serial numbers.

Was also told that normal temperature fluctuations can be quite large.

My 2017 cyclone oven must be set to 380 in order to achieve 350 temperature and then it fluctuates over 30 degrees. No answer or voice mail at Furrion customer service number.

Have not seen a recall. When I talked to Furion and complained about it, they basically said we know there is a temperature variance so set the oven higher. I have a 2018 rig built in early fall 2017 so it probably has one of the problem ovens. My wife's solution is to use the convection oven primarily and gas oven only when more than one oven is needed simultaneously (or when we a stuck in a 30 amp site).

danemayer

Recalls are for safety issues and are usually ordered by NHTSA. When there is a recall, the vehicle owner will usually be notified.

Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) are generally about reliability issues. Owners may sometimes be notified.

Temperature accuracy or consistency issues would probably fall into the TSB category. TSBs may provide for free repairs after warranty expiration, or may just consist of instructions to repair techs so they know how to address a particular customer complaint.

Searching for Furrion Oven Technical Service Bulletin, or Recall, produces a result for me involving 2017 Cyclones:
The LP hose going to the cook top is angled down and is pressing against thetop of the oven causing the LP hose to put excessive pressure on the hose
fitting and gas valve.

The safety risk noted is that the hose or valve over time could develop an LP leak. Nothing about temperature.