ATF: Mallard - Mallard M32 (2016) Heat Duct Routing

PeterS

Good Afternoon,

Had to use heat last weekend and bunkhouse vent is decidedly cooler than others.

Opened all access ports and found 3 large hoses exiting heater (to front door, under stove and bathroom), all without kinks.

Also found 2 smaller hoses exiting heater and going underneath. Only one goes to bunkhouse (no kinks).

We cannot find where the second heating hose runs too. Any clues?

Chopperno1

It is not just yours. It is a problem with mine as well as others on this forum. When I first took delivery I brought it back to camping world and to no big surprise they found no issues.

PeterS

Sealed underbelly = yes. What would this tiny hose heat up given the square footage of the trailer? Wonder if there is a way to reroute from underneath ?

Second Q: there is an option to attach another hose to the heater, however, how would one be able to route it to the bunkhouse (going past the bathroom is the challenge.

P.S.: I avoid CW service in Houston like the plague :)

danemayer

Sealed underbelly = yes. What would this tiny hose heat up given the square footage of the trailer? Wonder if there is a way to reroute from underneath ?

Second Q: there is an option to attach another hose to the heater, however, how would one be able to route it to the bunkhouse (going past the bathroom is the challenge.

P.S.: I avoid CW service in Houston like the plague :)

The duct to the underbelly might keep the underbelly as much as 10 (F) above ambient temperature outside if you're running the furnace a fair amount.

If you dig out your furnace manual that was in the blue pouch that came with your trailer, it probably has some installation information and that should give you an idea about whether there are unused connections on the furnace plenum. And yes, routing a new duct would be a challenge on any trailer. Much easier to do before the whole trailer is put together.