Where to stay in Corpus Christi?

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
We are heading down to CC in a couple of months and will be there about 10 months. I would like somewhere that has a pool, an exercise facility would be an added bonus. Any recommendations?? Thanks in advance, Lizzy

cjbearden

Visitor
Hi Lizzy

As soon as Ray LeTourneau sees your thread, I am sure he will jump in. He will be staying at Colonial del Rey Park in CC. Nice park with pool, not sure about the exercise room. We stayed there in late June through July and loved the convenience of shopping and restaurants plus access to Mustang and Padre Islands.

The Winter Texans will soon be arriving all over the area so call ahead for vacancy information. We have decided to stay at Ransom Rd RV in Aransas Pass, which is about 45 min from CC. We are across the bay from the Mustang Island Ferry. Barely got a spot in here it is so booked up and that's why we came down early. We moved over here to be closer to a HL service center (Camper Clinic, Rockport, TX) where we are having repair work done.

Safe travels. Hope to see you down this way and maybe at the Oct. Rally at Rayford Crossing, Spring, TX.

CJ

Last edited:

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
wow CJ, ColonialDel Rey was on my short list of choices from what I could find online. I think we will be missing the Rally because we are headed to Montana next and will be there for two months before we make it down to CC. Himself will be working in CC so I want to keep it fairly central for that reason. Hope to see you and will keep in touch once we get there,,, Lizzy

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hi Lizzy, Like CJ said, here I am! We've been at Colonia del Rey for 2 winters and are reserved for a 3rd. They do have a few different types of exercise equipment in the rec hall. We like the area for what it offers and like CJ said, places can be hard to find. CDR may want a 3 month commitment. When we first went there they said we had to commit for 3 months but we could have left after 1 month and not lost anything. The other park in Corpus that wasn't bad is Hatch RV Park. It's in more of a residential/industrial area on the north side closer to downtown and the crosstown expressway. We looked at it last year and they had some sites available. The only reason we were looking is because we didn't get the site we wanted at CDR but they ended up moving us to a better site that came available. Rockport, Port Aransas and Aransas Pass are other areas that have numerous parks. checkout www.rvparkreviews.com for some other reviews of the area. Good Luck. If you get to CDR we'll be in site 19-4. What will you leathernecks be doing in the Corpus area?

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Thanks Ray. Himself is going to be working at a refinery there for 10 months so I am just waiting to get the exact location of said refinery before committing to any park but I think we will end up being neighbours, lol,,,, Lizzy

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We'll keep an eye out for ya Lizzy. We also have a plan/idea in the works for a Day at the Beach or some sort of get together for Heartland Owners. We'll keep you posted here on the forum.

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Well it looks like Corpus Christi was just to give us a rough idea of the area lol,,, we need to find something closer to Aransas Pass after all. CJ, your park is full, I called already and they will call me back if anything opens up. Another place I am looking at is Circle W RV Ranch,,, I guess we have a little time to firm things up. Ray,,, please do keep us informed as we would love to join in,,, Lizzy

cjbearden

Visitor
Lizzy

So sorry you couldn't get in our park, we just barely made it. Talked to the manager yesterday and he is still waiting to hear from some of the winter people as to whether they will arrive or not so maybe something will open up. They have us booked in one site until January and then we have to move to another site. :mad: We are still hoping something opens up so we can stay in one spot.

Circle W - we drove through part of it just to look and the entry road is very pitted and rough!! There may be some newer parking pads in some sections but saw a lot of grass and trees. There are a lot of parks in Rockport so hopefully you find something to your liking. Rockport water is hard with a lot of minerals in it. I have a black dish drainer and the bottom drain board would turn white with dried minerals. Can't drink the water and our cats hated it. We have external filter on the water hose plus use a Brita pitcher and it was still not so good. Water is soft in Aransas Pass and much better quality.

Stay in touch. We will be gone from the area for three weeks between Sept 29 to Oct 19 and then here until Apr 19, 2009.

CJ