Insulation............

Uncle Rog

Howdy, when installing the mini-blinds over the windows on the LR slide this AM I found a hole over the DR window about the size of a nickel....
I did not see any foam behind it? Every other time I have pulled out a screw even there were some foam particles that came out with it, pretty re-assuring..........Any way I sprayed some low expanding foam into the void and it filled quickly, I think this was just an anomaly?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Roger, was it a hole that was just there behind the header for the original shades? We put blinds on the main slide windows and the rear window and didn't find anything like that. Did you use the original valence and side pieces? We hung our new blinds from the valance header. We've only traveled with them a couple times and travel with them in the raised position. I hope everything holds up. I really like the fact that they're easier to use than the shades.

Uncle Rog

Ray, easy is right! We have only done the large windows so far, th 60 in the rear and the two 40's in the big slide and I tell you what they are great! Yes we did keep the stk treatments in place, had to pull everything to get the DN shades off then re-install and then hang the blinds. I pulled the table out to get to the DR window, I wanted to adjust it a little any way. I tossed out the wood screws that come with the units and used self tappers to hang the brackets. The screw gun with a socket slams them through the valance and into the bottom of the cabinets great. I havn't even figured out how to get the smaller ones off yet, I gave them a cursory look and couldn't even find the mounting screws. I will save that for another day.........

The hole looked like a tear / saw jerk that came off or out of the jig............