kitchen center island light switch

woodworm

Added a kitchen center island light switch for lights above sink located in cabinet face just below counter top centered with sink and just above swing out utility drawer. Originally one switch on control panel and replaced it with a on-on switch and one added to center island. Snaked new wire under floor. Both switches now turn on and off lights. You need 2 new switches. Couldn't' get oem but these are almost identical and fit original control panel face plate hole. No dress plate required. More convenient. I bet you can't tell the difference.

Attachments

• 20171203_115758.jpg
    20171203_115758.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 20171203_115851.jpg
    20171203_115851.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 117
  • switch diagram.jpg
    switch diagram.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

jbeletti

Nice! This is on my to-do list as well. I've also, previously suggested to the Landmark GM that this light needs to be switched separately. Time to re-ask this.

Cholo

Nice! This is on my to-do list as well. I've also, previously suggested to the Landmark GM that this light needs to be switched separately. Time to re-ask this.

I agree!! My switch is on the panel marked "edge lights". This switch turns on the trim lights and the kitchen light. I would like to be able to turn on only the kitchen light. I wondered why they did it the way they did.