2017 Ford F350 19.5 inch wheel conversion

jdamude

Hi,
I purchased a new F350 Ford in the spring. After 16,000 kilometres (10,000Miles) the tires are over half worn. I purchased a set of 8-10 bolt adapters to allow me to install 19.5 inch tires and Alcoa wheels. Hopefully we get better mileage from these tires.

IMG_3800.jpg

jbeletti

Nice Jeff. Bummer that at 10k miles, your tread is half gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdamude

Nice Jeff. Bummer that at 10k miles, your tread is half gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same thing happened on My 2014 F450. Our 2016 F450 has 50,000 kilometres (30,000 miles) and the tires are showing very little wear. This truck also does an extreme amount of towing.

I wish now that i would have bought another F450 but the way the get registered here classifies them as a heavy truck and requires daily log books and circle checks.

brianlajoie

I bought Rickson steel 19.5" wheels and installed Toyo commercial truck tires on my truck (F350 SRW). I too was showing heavy wear on all 4 tires as I rotate every 5k. There is very little height difference with the change.

CDN

B and B
Hi Jeff,

I have 2016 F 350 and have 30,000 km on the truck. Daily Driver, towing 5,000 km total. I have stock wheels and Michelin LTX A/T2 tires. I have over 85% tread left. This is the third truck I have had these tires on, always a good wearable tire.

What tires did you have as stock?

Brian

jdamude

Hi Jeff,

I have 2016 F 350 and have 30,000 km on the truck. Daily Driver, towing 5,000 km total. I have stock wheels and Michelin LTX A/T2 tires. I have over 85% tread left. This is the third truck I have had these tires on, always a good wearable tire.

What tires did you have as stock?

Brian

The same tires that you have. Michelin LTX A/T2. Great tire when not towing. When i do tow, we are 25,000 lbs. I think that is the contributing factor.

BigGuy82

Hi,
I purchased a new F350 Ford in the spring. After 16,000 kilometres (10,000Miles) the tires are over half worn. I purchased a set of 8-10 bolt adapters to allow me to install 19.5 inch tires and Alcoa wheels. Hopefully we get better mileage from these tires.

Personally, I don't think the diameter of the tire will make any significant difference. Maybe you've got issues with inflation, alignment or just cheap skins from the factory. Here is what came on my 2016 F350 dually diesel. These tires have 26,000 MILES on them and look very good - my guess is that I'll see 50K based on where they are at now. I check pressures before every tow and at every oil change. I check alignment around every 10K. I also use Centramatic balancers as I have for years on multiple vehicles. Good luck with whatever you decide.

IMG_3271.jpgIMG_3270.jpg

These are 75R17

jnbhobe

Hi Jeff, just for info my 15 F-350 has 31K on it and the OE General tires are about shot. I picked up a set of 6 Firestone HT's for $140 ea. I'll put them on when I take it out of winter storage.