Outdoor grill mod?

rhino_160

Anyone ever put a table on a pivot rod of sorts inside the storage area outside? Basically like the tables on the outside kitchen models that you can rotate out and has the grill attached to it. I'm wanting to make my own since I don't have the outdoor kitchen. Wanting to be able to open the storage door and pull the table out and sit my grill on it. I found there is a propane hookup underneath the storage compartment too, so I think it will work. Any ideas how or where to get a table and pivot rod/hinge to make this?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Anyone ever put a table on a pivot rod of sorts inside the storage area outside? Basically like the tables on the outside kitchen models that you can rotate out and has the grill attached to it. I'm wanting to make my own since I don't have the outdoor kitchen. Wanting to be able to open the storage door and pull the table out and sit my grill on it. I found there is a propane hookup underneath the storage compartment too, so I think it will work. Any ideas how or where to get a table and pivot rod/hinge to make this?

Not sure where to locate a pivot rod but a slide out mechanism may work. I know someone that added a slide out mechanism to a lower storage compartment and added a stove that slides out to use.

The other issue may be that your propane hookup may be low pressure so you may need to adjust your plans accordingly.

pjones1969

We had this setup on the last 5er we had before the Cyclone, it had a small stovetop on a sliding rail, I replaced it with a Camp Chef Weekender stove and made a new frame with a boat seat swivel on it, i used the original sliding mechanism, I don’t see why you couldn’t do the same kind of thing with any tabletop propane grill and a pigtail.

Attachments

• 0A993D5E-521D-419C-84D4-0DA564648AFE.jpg
    0A993D5E-521D-419C-84D4-0DA564648AFE.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 120
  • 69838298-54DC-4DFC-BBA4-9A25D66CC81C.jpg
    69838298-54DC-4DFC-BBA4-9A25D66CC81C.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 118
  • A492E91C-EA14-4B5E-9380-90BB491F845A.jpg
    A492E91C-EA14-4B5E-9380-90BB491F845A.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 112

212Pilot

I recently bought a Coleman Roadtrip Grill off Amazon. I love the grill but the rolling stand takes up too much floor space in the storage compartment an I want to make a similar pivot arm like you are talking about. I think modifying a large tv wall mount pivot arm may work but I haven't tried it yet. This is a bumper mount that may also work.

Bumper-Grill-Table-1-800x450.jpg

klp605

The other issue may be that your propane hookup may be low pressure so you may need to adjust your plans accordingly.

I modified my Coleman Roadtrip grill to be able to connect into the quick connect. There were a few good videos on YouTube. I picked up all the fittings from Home Depot and Menards and the hose off of Amazon. I also modified the quick connect connection on the camper so that I can have the factory grill and the Coleman running at the same time.

gpshemi

I recently bought a Coleman Roadtrip Grill off Amazon. I love the grill but the rolling stand takes up too much floor space in the storage compartment an I want to make a similar pivot arm like you are talking about. I think modifying a large tv wall mount pivot arm may work but I haven't tried it yet. This is a bumper mount that may also work.

Who makes that version?