Entry door light is on all the itme - sort of

andyq

Hello everybody :)..... I have a 2011 Bighorn 2985RL. The darnedest thing happened yesterday. I had to change the bulb in the ceiling light as it burned out. It was original the halogen lamp installed when I purchased my RV. I removed the glass lens and when I touched the bulb it was hot. I wondered about that and proceeded to replace it with an LED lamp.

This morning I came own and saw a dim glow from the lamp. Sure enough it was on... low voltage but on. That answered the question about the hot halogen lamp.
THis evening returning home I opened the door and the lamp came on like usual and then dimmed to complete off... for a while. Now it's back to the soft dim light.

Has anyone else experienced this and better how do I fix it? Any help is appreciated. thanks you!

Oregon_Camper

Andy,

Our Bighorn does the same thing. We just figured this was Heartland's version of a very dim nightlight. It is very dim, so I'm not sure if there is a light sensor somewhere that ensures this only comes on at night.

danemayer

Check your fuse box. The LED indicator next to the fuses allows a little bit of current to flow when the fuse is blown (which lights that LED). But that current can also be enough to dimly light an LED in a light fixture.

Oregon_Camper

I don't think it is the fuse, as the light still comes on at night when we come in the door, as this is our "welcome home" light.

Az_Ernie

Ours does the same thing. This was discussed in a seminar with the gentleman that was selling LED lights at the Las Vegas rally. The discussion went way over my head, but from what I took from it was that it was some sort of electrical leakage at the switch. He said it was nothing to worry about and that perhaps a better quality switch may prevent this electrical bleed.

Oregon_Camper

Ours does the same thing. This was discussed in a seminar with the gentleman that was selling LED lights at the Las Vegas rally. The discussion went way over my head, but from what I took from it was that it was some sort of electrical leakage at the switch. He said it was nothing to worry about and that perhaps a better quality switch may prevent this electrical bleed.

Shhh.....I'm just gonna let my wife think it is a feature and not a defect switch. :cool::cool::cool::cool:

andyq

Thank you to all for the quick reply's. The remark about the switch has me thinking.... my exterior lights no longer work either and I am wondering if that is because of a small trickle current going to them that eventually they burned out, even I have not used in years.

Great forum and great people...thanks again........andy

G_S

Our 2016 Landmark Key West has a mind of its own. The entry light comes on and off at will, often when we are in bed or watching tv in the living area. Acts like a strobe light at other times. Had it in for service three times, each time we are told it is fixed and each time we get it home only to find we still have the problem.

George Hickman