Yeti pack

Flooringit

have the yeti pack on and it got down to 8 degrees last night. am getting water from my holding tank, but it got down to 8 degrees last night and my supply line from the tank to valve to pump froze in the belly. Eye can see insulation and a gray electrical wire in the insulation. Is that the wire for the pad on the tank? Why wouldn’t they heat tape that supply line? I’m trying to thaw it out now. But it’s barelt gonna get above freezing today. So I have a fun blowing throw a hole into the belly hoping it will thaw out. Tonighti will let it drip. Have a heated hose in order

- - - Updated - - -

Also just noticed the tank breaker was off but the light on yeti pack was on so I thought the pads were on all night. Stupid. Figured if light was on so were pads

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

There should be heat tape on the portion of the fresh water feed line in the underbelly. But take a look at the fresh tank drain. Notice that there is water in the portion of the drain tube above the valve. That water is no doubt frozen, and the ice can wick up into the tee, blocking water flow. When temps drop into the single digits, to keep the tee from freezing, even with heat tape on the feed line, you should either insulate the drain tube, or push it up above the coroplast and put tape on the opening.

Heartland has wired the Yeti package components several different ways over the years. On some rigs, a single switch turns on the tank heating pads and the fresh water line heat tape. On others, there are separate switches. On a few Toy Haulers built in the 2012/2013 time frame, there may be only a switch for the tank heaters and the fresh water feed line heat tape is always powered, but thermostatically controlled.

Take a look at our Water Systems Winter Usage Guide for tips on how to wake up in the morning with running water in extreme conditions.

Flooringit

Finally got it thawed enough to run. Can’t tell if yeti pack is on or not. Just see a light.

Last edited by a moderator: