New Owner - Help

Just bought 2005 Landmark. Couple of problem areas I could use help on.
1. What do the 2-switches D/S Security and O/D/S Security do? No mention of these in the documentation.
2. Neither the Main nor B/R A/C fans will come on. Compressor works on both but no fan blowing air - nor is there air conditioning.

Appreciate help

Thanks

jack

jimtoo

Hi HootonJack,

The O/D/S= Off Door Security lamp.
The D/S = Door Side Security lamp.

If you will look outside up high on your trailer you will see about an 8" flat light on the sides, one on each side. The are you security or scare lights as some people call them.

On your A/C's, you might need to remove the covers on top and check for dirtdobber nest or just a frozen or tight motor, or bad fan motors.

Good luck with you A/C's and welcome to the Heartland Owners forum.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Just bought 2005 Landmark. Couple of problem areas I could use help on.
1. What do the 2-switches D/S Security and O/D/S Security do? No mention of these in the documentation.
2. Neither the Main nor B/R A/C fans will come on. Compressor works on both but no fan blowing air - nor is there air conditioning.

Appreciate help

Thanks

jack

Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the forum Jack.

The D/S (door side) and O/D/S (off door side) are the large round security lights on their respective sides.

As for the A/C's, well I guess let's start by checking the breakers in the breaker box,I have noticed with mine that when I set the thermostat to cool and set the temperature that it sometimes take s a minute or two before it kicks on so maybe try that too. You may want to remove the interior panel on the ceiling to check for any obvious wires that are not properly hooked-up otherwise it may be time to take it back to the dealer. By the way, did they work when you did your PDI at thee dealer??

Mark

Tom of Ypsi

You may have to go on the roof and take the air conditioning shrouds off. The same thing happened to me, cleaned the area up and sprayed teflon on the fan saft. Camping World told me to do this and I have had no problems since I have done this over a year ago. What serial number and model do you have?

Thanks Tom - That worked for the main unit - fan was just stuck and was easy to give it a spin. Appears the B/R unit motor may be the problem there - but here in Northern GA - not sure I need it.
I am having a fit with the cool/heat remote operation. Not sure the unit is responding to the the temp settings I send it - seems it does whatever it wants to do.
I have a 2005 Golden Gate model. Serial Number 1H9GF3628E459078

jbeletti

Hooton Jack,

Just some trivia for you. Your unit is the 78th RV made by Heartland. Likely built in the summer or fall of 2004.

By the way, on the classic Landmarks, those DS and ODS scare lights are oval and the light inside them can be found at some auto parts stores. Heartland now uses the round lights on all units.

Jim

morganm12

George
Hello Jack,
I have an 05 Grand Canyon and had a heck of a time learning to use the remote for the a/c-furnace. We first had to relocate the handheld so it had a DIRECT LINE OF SIGHT to the receiver. I found it necessary to push that little gray reset more than once, pull the dc fuse (the receiver is battery operated because of the furnace) and not reinstall it for 3 min. to allow the receiver to reset itself. We have also concluded that the a/c keeps us more comfortable if we keep the "I Feel" mode engaged. We have been in ours through 3 summers now. We are fulltimers. Good luck with your unit. Ours is 459244. I guess that means that it was #244 out the door.

George - Re your comment "I found it necessary to push that little gray reset more than once, pull the dc fuse (the receiver is battery operated because of the furnace) and not reinstall it for 3 min. to allow the receiver to reset itself."

What dc fuze - where is it.

Appreciate your help

Jack

morganm12

George
Jack,
Open your DC fuse box and find the fuse labled furnace. On mine its the 2nd fuse from the top (20amp). If your A/C is on and you pull that fuse you will see the little green light on your A/C go out. Its like that so you can run your furnace with the remote. I have had times when my furnace didn't want to come on and I played with it till I got it to come on. Something about the temp. variation and increasing the thermostat to high to quickly. There have been times when waiting and like you said it has a mind of its own it would come on.

Thanks George - Now I get it. Will reset the remote and pull the fuze for 3-5 minutes. Then see if I can get get into it's "brain" and get some control of this thing.

One week into getting familiar with this rig and believe I have conquered 99% - thanks to this website I am smart and practiced for winterization chores and have figured out most other challenges that I faced - EXCEPT 2.
1. In the battery compartment box, top left (next to a small box labeled Mpx Low Side Controller) is a rocker switch that is in the on position, yet I have no clue what it goes to. Hate to turn it off and find I screwed something up by playing around. What is it for - what does it do??
2. Behind the front storage area O/D/S sliding door panel is access to the switching valves and the back of the water heater. Hanging down toward the floor is a 3" x 4" plastic box with wires and a circuit board. There is also a piece of sticky tape type material that I assume held this plastic box to the back of the water heater. Question is - Is this circuit board box somehow work with the water heater (detecting temp) or is it a separate thing and was just attached to the water heater as a convienance?

Jack

Last edited:

Jimmyt5

It a separate thing and was just attached to the water heater as a convenience?
You hit this one right on. We talked about this last week, my dealer says they just tape them on there. No worry.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
One week into getting familiar with this rig and believe I have conquered 99% - thanks to this website I am smart and practiced for winterization chores and have figured out most other challenges that I faced - EXCEPT 2.
1. In the battery compartment box, top left (next to a small box labeled Mpx Low Side Controller) is a rocker switch that is in the on position, yet I have no clue what it goes to. Hate to turn it off and find I screwed something up by playing around. What is it for - what does it do??
2. Behind the front storage area O/D/S sliding door panel is access to the switching valves and the back of the water heater. Hanging down toward the floor is a 3" x 4" plastic box with wires and a circuit board. There is also a piece of sticky tape type material that I assume held this plastic box to the back of the water heater. Question is - Is this circuit board box somehow work with the water heater (detecting temp) or is it a separate thing and was just attached to the water heater as a convienance?

Jack
We own an 2005 Landmark. On our unit the switch you asked about in question 1 above is for the lights on the outside the rear of the unit.There is one on each side. Not sure why yours are not working.Maybe check the fuse box for a blown fuse. Hope this helps.

We own an 2005 Landmark. On our unit the switch you asked about in question 1 above is for the lights on the outside the rear of the unit.There is one on each side. Not sure why yours are not working.Maybe check the fuse box for a blown fuse. Hope this helps.

Thank you - I had thought about those 2 lites. Why they were there and how they get energized. Didn't make sense that they lite up when the rig is pulled at night - but thats all I figured.

Fuzes look fine - I will check the bulbs themselves.

BTW - Where you also have a 2005 Landmark - Is there only 1 low point drain? I have found only one which is on the door side inside the storage as part of the shower unit.

Jack Hooton

14V 35W bulb

The switch does go to the two "security" type lites on the lower rear sides. One bulb OK - just needed a slight turn and came on the other is burned out. It is a bulb within it's own base with short wire attached. Stamped on base plate is H3 14V 35W. Have not found this at CW or on line - any suggestions where to get replacement?

Retyred

Bulbs

I found them on Ebay. I think there is only one person selling them. If you search you will find them. Make sure they are 35 watt.

Retyred