Shelving in Front Compartment

samtoby

I found the laundry chute idea a waste of time in our sundance and rather installed some wire shelving to make better use of the space. See photo attached.

Attachments

• P1040529b.JPG
    P1040529b.JPG
    327 KB · Views: 591

charliehorse

shelving , front compartment

you can also have a piece of 3 in angle iron cut to fit the east -west distance between the front jack assembley, then screw on a 1X1 in rear wall for a rear baracket, cut shelving from old paneling or plywood . fits perfect - "presto" another shelf ...

grizzlygiant

The laundry chute as delivered on our Sindance was "unfinished"---just dumped clothes in the front compartment. I built a plywood box installed in the front compartment that now holds the dirty clothes---works great; I just toss in the dirty clothes and the next thing I know they are clean, folded, and back on the shelves!

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
I thought the chute wa useless as well, then found out the better half was using it..... and now I know!

Once I unload the area, she places a basket in there.... works well.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Our 5 year old grandson thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. He actually wants to pick up dirty clothes so he can put them down the chute!

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I love my laundry chute too, Had a TT and no place for the dirty clothes Kenny can not have this area.----Kathy:D

tracy

I have never used the laundry chute in that compartment is full of fishing poles , bait buckets, grills, tackle boxes.I have a pop up basket I put in the shower when not in use.This way the laundry is out if sight and there are no fishing poles with dead things in my bathroom