SOLVED: Trying to Find Junction Box

rxbristol

I have ONE of the outside electrical outlets not working. Here is what I've done so far:

1. Pulled the outside outlet and checked the wire connections with a meter--they're good.
2. Followed the wire from the outside outlet to the inside. It flows from the wall to under the dresser then outside to the propane bay, then to the battery/generator bay and then it LOOKS like up to the bedroom again to under the bed--I think.

Does anyone know where the junction box for the upper outside outlet is? All other outlets are working correctly.

danemayer

Re: Trying to Find Junction Box

The front doorside outlet is switched. Have you checked power at the control panel switch?

rxbristol

The front doorside outlet is switched. Have you checked power at the control panel switch?

Dan, you've always been my favorite person on this forum...THANK YOU! Karen, says you're her favorite person of the day.

Oregon_Camper

Too bad your dealer didn't tell you about that.

Think of that plug like a Christmas light plug for your house. Nice to control the power to it from inside the RV.

...and yes, Dan is a Rock Star around here. :)

rxbristol

Too bad your dealer didn't tell you about that.

Think of that plug like a Christmas light plug for your house. Nice to control the power to it from inside the RV.

...and yes, Dan is a Rock Star around here. :)

It's not the fault of the dealership...it's just been so long since I used the plug (3 years) I forgot about it being switched.

Oregon_Camper

It's not the fault of the dealership...it's just been so long since I used the plug (3 years) I forgot about it being switched.

Ours was labeled "Awning Recept". Any reason it couldn't have been "Outside Outlet"??? :)

Capture.jpg

Oregon_Camper

What's wrong with "Awning Receptacle", it dern sure wouldn't be on the inside unless you have an awning in there too....

Sure..."Awning Receptacle" would have also been a winner. I just wasn't smart enough to add the "acle" to "Recept" :cool:

carl.swoyer

I have ONE of the outside electrical outlets not working. Here is what I've done so far:

1. Pulled the outside outlet and checked the wire connections with a meter--they're good.
2. Followed the wire from the outside outlet to the inside. It flows from the wall to under the dresser then outside to the propane bay, then to the battery/generator bay and then it LOOKS like up to the bedroom again to under the bed--I think.

Does anyone know where the junction box for the upper outside outlet is? All other outlets are working correctly.
In 2012 my dealer was paid two days labor to find out the 2 nd outside outlet was switched. . LOL
I think a sticker that says "SWITCHED" Would be a great idea.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk