Curt fifth wheel hitch?

alexramsey

(My friend asking for advices )
looking for some info on the curt fifth wheel hitches...I've heard of Reese and others but after surfing the inter-web, I like the way curt hitches are constructed and the price. I've been out of rving since 2012, but got the bug again. I had a class A but wanted to try fifth wheel camping. My tow vehicle is a 2016 f350 crew cab DRW. I know, people say to purchase the Fifth wheel first, but I haven't decided what I want yet, so I went with something I won't have an issue with weight.

I'm looking at the curt 24 model.

Thanks

Last edited:

PondSkum

I have the Curt Q20, and so far haven't had any issues with the hitch itself. This is my first 5th wheel, so I don't have any other experiences to compare it to.

jmarnell

I don't know about the Curt hitch, but we are using the Andersen Ultimate 5th wheel hitch with our F350 and are very pleased. Very easy to hook up, and pulls great with our Cyclone 4005.

LBR

I bought a new Curt Q24 last year for the old truck bed rail setup, pulled our CY and worked fine. Just got a new truck and installed the puck base on the Q24 head and it is pulling just as well with our new truck.

There is no chucking with it and the factory issue CY pinbox. I personally don't understand why many members have chucking problems unless their trucks are inadequate for their trailer.

CoveredWagon

I don't know about the Curt hitch, but we are using the Andersen Ultimate 5th wheel hitch with our F350 and are very pleased. Very easy to hook up, and pulls great with our Cyclone 4005.

Oh I knew someone would mention the Andersen Ultimate a confuse the poor man. BTW I wouldn’t trade our Andersen ��

PondSkum

I bought a new Curt Q24 last year for the old truck bed rail setup, pulled our CY and worked fine. Just got a new truck and installed the puck base on the Q24 head and it is pulling just as well with our new truck.

There is no chucking with it and the factory issue CY pinbox. I personally don't understand why many members have chucking problems unless their trucks are inadequate for their trailer.

I have some chucking issues, but I noticed this weekend it's only on certain parts of the road. For the most part, was a smooth ride, but on both trips (there and back) the same section of roadway caused some chucking of the trailer.

LBR

I have some chucking issues, but I noticed this weekend it's only on certain parts of the road. For the most part, was a smooth ride, but on both trips (there and back) the same section of roadway caused some chucking of the trailer.
I hear ya there...

The only time I had a chucking feel was coming onto a concreted bridge from asphalt road and got a little pogo-ing (up and down that felt weird)

To the OP, several Curt owners have chimed in on older threads in the past with mostly positive input...

Brader

I purchased the A 20 it rides on rubber bushing and is the quietest hitch I have ever towed with. It's probably as good as having a air ride hitch which cost lots of money. I am not an Andersen hitch fan. My feelings are if RV manufacturers wanted that type of hitch used they would come from the manufacturer with a pre-installed ball hitch. They also require safety chains while being towed which can be very difficult to attach pre-trip. You can shop around for the Andersen hitches online and save quite a bit of money. Just my two cents worth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

shurack24

We pull a 2013 Gateway 3200 with a 2011 F350 SRW and a Curt Q20. Have nothing but good to say with the Q20. Have pretty much zero chucking over the last 4 years.

sengli

I had a cheapie version of a reese before. Switched to the curt, when I traded trucks. Now I have a curt Q20. Works fine for me. Its heavy, but very solid. Taking it out of the bed of my truck by myself, is tough due to the weight.

Attachments

• IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 54

John T Bettencourt

My friend got a Curt 16k and it was very sloppy they send him another one and same thing. A lot of chocking when going down the road. He went to a Husky 16K and the trailer pulls so much better. Others have had the same problem with the Curt 16k

NYSUPstater

Had and still have in shed a Reese 16k. Not a bad hitch overall. New RV and went w/ the B&W Patriot 18K. Hands down waaaaaaay better than the Reese. Have read quite a few reports of folks having hooking/unhooking issues w/ their Curts.

Curt Q24 for me. It is my first and only fifth wheel hitch, so I can't compare, but I have had no problem with mine. Very sturdy, no slop. I have had several other Curt products, and consider them the best bang for the buck.

NHCelt

Had a B&W companion for many years, and that was a good hitch. New truck, so went with the Q 25....and it is a great hitch. Quiet tow and secure capture of the pin with loud, audible locking sound. Approaching 10,000 miles towing with it and like it as well or better than the B&W. The Q series hitch by Curt is a fine hitch.

Bob.jr

I have the Q24 for about 2 years now. I think it's a very good hitch. No problems at all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

TrailCreek

(My friend asking for advices )
looking for some info on the curt fifth wheel hitches...I've heard of Reese and others but after surfing the inter-web, I like the way curt hitches are constructed and the price. I've been out of rving since 2012, but got the bug again. I had a class A but wanted to try fifth wheel camping. My tow vehicle is a 2016 f350 crew cab DRW. I know, people say to purchase the Fifth wheel first, but I haven't decided what I want yet, so I went with something I won't have an issue with weight.

I'm looking at the curt 24 model.

Thanks
I have the 24 on a 17 drw f350 King Ranch and pull a Landmark 365 Newport, loaded for full time. It's the puck system. Absolutely love it. No issues. Just buy an over the wheel step to make hooking up easier, especially if you forget to unlock the pin lock.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk