SOLVED: Water Leak (water pump strainer)

Redrider007

I just noticed that the material underneath my water heater was full of water. I cut a slice in it but just see the particle board underneath the water heater. This happened with the trailer hooked up to a water source at home and it is a slow leak. I just filled the tank and put the system on the water pump to see if it still leaks. My question is how do I access the water pump and water heater plumbing? Is it through the bottom of the RV?
Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Re: Water Leak

Hi Redrider007,

Most likely you need to remove the rear wall in your storage area. Start with the piece behind the UDC where you hook up water and everything. I'm sure you will find a forest of wires and water plumbing. Let us know what you find.

Jim M

Redrider007

Thanks Jim,

It was the water pump filter basket gasket leaking. Weird that it just all of a sudden started. I thought maybe the clear plastic basket was cracked because I took it off and the gasket looked okay but kept leaking so I pulled the gasket and put some petroleum jelly on it and the leak stopped. Got a new one on order for safety sake!!

jimtoo

Glad you found it. With the piece of wall down you might put a small fan in there to make sure it drys out really good.

Jim M